Meet Virginia

Hi everyone, I decide to share our new project. It is a 1970 Bluebird Coupe. We just had transported from Virginia.

It has a little rust, but is a driver. And will be at Canby soon. We put my RHD goon on hold, for this new project. Car is mostly complete. Missing a few emblems, and SSS grill. Here are the pics.

lasvagas11_651.jpg

lasvagas11_658.jpg

lasvagas11_655.jpg

lasvagas11_654.jpg

lasvagas11_661.jpg

Drives great with a 4 speed and L16 (219 head) fast little bird

Drove it to the Datsloco swapmeet, on the way down found a dead mouse under the back seat.

We had an 11 car caravan, it was awesome, every one of my mirror had a Datsun in it.

Plans are to paint it and take care of the rust. However color is undecided, factory white but James is not big on white.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I going to be a busy mf. Don't think I can do another white Datsun

I can do a white one! Are you keeping it, or build and flip? If you do sell it, I CALL DIB'S! :thumbup:

thanks Indy for the pics from the show we looked and we did'nt even have any. Aloso thanks for the possitive coments and color votes thats what keeps us possitive. I was hopin to drive this one for a little while but well see what happends.

Vics asleep, so I thought i would surprise her with some new pics in the morning.

She's been busting her ass on this bird. So today was my turn. She took most of the complete car apart, bumpers, front end etc.

lasvagas11_774.jpg

lasvagas11_775.jpg

And she's been sanding away, like she wants to see some paint.

lasvagas11_789.jpg

lasvagas11_794.jpg

lasvagas11_793.jpg

Time to eliminate some rust.

lasvagas11_791.jpg

Worst area on the whole car is the right side in the rear, came with an extra coupe quarter panel, but i did not want to use it (it also had rust). So I cut sections off a 2 door in the yard. I had 2 pieces from 2 different cars to make the lower and upper rust repair sections.

lasvagas11_792.jpg

lasvagas11_795.jpg

lasvagas11_797.jpg

lasvagas11_801.jpg

lasvagas11_806.jpg

lasvagas11_808.jpg

lasvagas11_810.jpg

lasvagas11_812.jpg

lasvagas11_814.jpg

lasvagas11_818.jpg

It's amazing what a 12 hour day in the shop will create, done for the day.

Vics asleep, so I thought i would surprise her with some new pics in the morning.

She's been busting her ass on this bird. So today was my turn. She took most of the complete car apart, bumpers, front end etc.

lasvagas11_774.jpg

Time to eliminate some rust.

lasvagas11_801.jpg

It's amazing what a 12 hour day in the shop will create, done for the day.

You two do such GREAT work!

I just added a line to my bucket list; Buy a Datsun from "the510keeper".

You two do such GREAT work!

I just added a line to my bucket list; Buy a Datsun from "the510keeper".

Great name for her. Now you have 2 birds for you two lovebirds. :lol:

I am glad to see the coupe getting the love it deserves. Tory will be sorry when he sees how you bring that beast back to life.

Keep the updates coming.

Hi everyone, I decide to share our new project. It is a 1970 Bluebird Coupe. We just had transported from Virginia.

It has a little rust, but is a driver. And will be at Canby soon. We put my RHD goon on hold, for this new project. Car is mostly complete. Missing a few emblems, and SSS grill. Here are the pics.

lasvagas11_651.jpg

lasvagas11_658.jpg

lasvagas11_655.jpg

lasvagas11_654.jpg

lasvagas11_661.jpg

Drives great with a 4 speed and L16 (219 head) fast little bird

Drove it to the Datsloco swapmeet, on the way down found a dead mouse under the back seat.

We had an 11 car caravan, it was awesome, every one of my mirror had a Datsun in it.

Plans are to paint it and take care of the rust. However color is undecided, factory white but James is not big on white.

Very nice.

• Like 1

It's 2am and just finished the 1st spot priming of Virginia. Would still be in the shop, but Phil and Atom joined in to help.

lasvagas11_829.jpg

A thin coat of kitty hair over the welds, and a smooth layer of mud over everything, and the sanding really begins. 90% of our mud is hand sanded.

lasvagas11_834.jpg

lasvagas11_835.jpg

lasvagas11_839.jpg

Ready for primer

lasvagas11_852.jpg

lasvagas11_854.jpg

lasvagas11_856.jpg

lasvagas11_858.jpg

lasvagas11_857.jpg

This weekend we will be replacing the lower right 1/4er panel (just behind the door), And a huge rust hole by the right quarter window, finishing up doors and trunk lid.

Stay tune