Datsun 210 In Thailand

620green

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please...Give us details on the installation! Did you modify the trans tunnel? Did the oil pan clear the crossmember and steering linkage without modifications? Any Undercarriage photo shots you can put up? Did the engine installation affect the handling of the car...nose heavy?

Any time slips that record performance improvements?

Overall JOB WELL DONE!!

Please...Give us details on the installation! Did you modify the trans tunnel? Did the oil pan clear the crossmember and steering linkage without modifications? Any Undercarriage photo shots you can put up? Did the engine installation affect the handling of the car...nose heavy?

Any time slips that record performance improvements?

Overall JOB WELL DONE!!

Just do it ASAP.

Just do it ASAP.

This reply doesn't make sense what-so-ever to what was requested...Am I safe to assume that English is your second language? No disrespect intended but...Please try to understand what I was asking you. :D

and you can use the stock 210 auto driveshaft, which fits the stumpy manual transmission

Hey David...How are you?!

I like the conversion done...What I even like the most is that it's an automatic conversion to a vehicle like the ones we have here in the U.S.A. ...I've seen plenty done from "down under" but they're L.H.D.

If this conversion were to be undertaken here in California...What rear wheeled Nissan or Infinity is this powertrain from? ...Thoughts of a smog legal bad ass 210 is tempting! That's why I asked the questions I did to the installer...My A15 with headwork and mild camshaft is not up to par in an automatic!!! :(

Just do it ASAP means stop talking and start doing!

SR20 has been done many times in USA. It fits in the much smaller engine compartment of the B110 and B210, so is relatively easy in the larger B310. Unless you go with the SR20DET turbo motor, a KA24DE makes more power.

All the Datsun-Nissan JATCO automatics are the same size, so no worries there. Well the 4-speed auto is a lot longer, but all the 3-speeds are the same, just have different bell housings.

SR20DET is usually sourced from a Japan-import-engine place, they come from Nissan Silvia S13, S14, S15 RWD cars, buy it with the 5-speed and complete wiring harness including ECu. Then you connect eight wires from the engine harness and you have a running EFI engine.

If this conversion were to be undertaken here in California...What rear wheeled Nissan or Infinity is this powertrain from? ...Thoughts of a smog legal bad ass 210 is tempting!

Yeah, except the likelihood of it ever being smog-legal are quite slim. :huh:

The RWD SR20DE engines were never put into any US-market cars. Any of these engines will come imported from Japan, usually out of an S13/S14 Silvia. And they typically won't have EGR, or any one of a dozen things CARB says you must have. :rolleyes: