Chris' cream sicle "squirt squirt"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the body set up for the big day, jambs come first.

lasvagas11_3102.jpg

lasvagas11_3103.jpg

lasvagas11_3104.jpg

Yes a crap load of masking

lasvagas11_3108.jpg

lasvagas11_3109.jpg

Based white for the bottom color of the two tone

lasvagas11_3110.jpg

Then it got cold, the heater in my shop has been disconnected since summer. Been trying to get the contractor over to hook everything back up but things have been taking awhile longer then I thought.

Sprayed 1 coat of Corral, and it just puddled up and ran off.

Got a couple lights out the shed, warmed up the metal and things started to come together. About the time I was finished spraying the last coat of corral basecoat the heater got hooked back up and now the shop is nice and cozy. All ready for clear.

Cleared and done.

lasvagas11_3122.jpg

lasvagas11_3116.jpg

lasvagas11_3133.jpg

look at them sexy lines

lasvagas11_3137.jpg

Getting the body set up for the big day, jambs come first.

lasvagas11_3102.jpg

lasvagas11_3103.jpg

lasvagas11_3104.jpg

Yes a crap load of masking

lasvagas11_3108.jpg

lasvagas11_3109.jpg

Based white for the bottom color of the two tone

lasvagas11_3110.jpg

Then it got cold, the heater in my shop has been disconnected since summer. Been trying to get the contractor over to hook everything back up but things have been taking awhile longer then I thought.

Sprayed 1 coat of Corral, and it just puddled up and ran off.

Got a couple lights out the shed, warmed up the metal and things started to come together. About the time I was finished spraying the last coat of corral basecoat the heater got hooked back up and now the shop is nice and cozy. All ready for clear.

Cleared and done.

lasvagas11_3122.jpg

lasvagas11_3116.jpg

lasvagas11_3133.jpg

look at them sexy lines

lasvagas11_3137.jpg

When I do complete paint jobs I usually spray the entire car apart so there will be no masking lines and the finish looks way cleaner so when you open the hood, doors, deck lid no ruff edges

When I do complete paint jobs I usually spray the entire car apart so there will be no masking lines and the finish looks way cleaner so when you open the hood, doors, deck lid no ruff edges

This car is going to be a two tone, wouldn't it be hard to match the lines if it was all apart?

This car is going to be a two tone, wouldn't it be hard to match the lines if it was all apart?

it looks to me like he picked his lines for the paint job, before spraying the door jams, so I'm assuming he will just line up his paint lines with the jams. :unsure:

it looks to me like he picked his lines for the paint job, before spraying the door jams, so I'm assuming he will just line up his paint lines with the jams. :unsure:

It's more complicated then that, these cars are old, and body panels all don't match. Even though i mask my interior lines they may not always match up with my exterior lines. This is the reason we want to bolt all the panels on the car before paint. Once the 1st color has been applied, we run a straight tape line. If i sprayed everything apart a door adjustment might through off either color. However if it was one color then i would spray most panels separate, remember Big Red.

Back to work says Victory these fuckin cars need paint, then my bud Dave Pare comes over to help and asks whats to much. Whats to much for what some one is paying for a paint job where is the line. I replied i don't seem to have a line, cause some of these projects need to go. And we r still trying to make things better.

Blocking, this is my complete job to block the car to make sure it is straight. Vic got started on it first while I was painting a house. Once I came home I continued.

lasvagas11_3374.jpg

lasvagas11_3375.jpg

Had to reprime the doors, and other spots on the car and hood.

lasvagas11_3387.jpg

lasvagas11_3388.jpg

lasvagas11_3389.jpg

lasvagas11_3390.jpg