5 speed transmission~ REBUILT

Up for grabs here is a rebuilt 5 speed transmission, L-series bellhousing, and (according to DatzenMike) is likely a '77-'78 280z or first year zx. Could also be a '77-'78 620 truck 5 speed. Definitely pre 1980, and not the wide ratio '79 truck, with the following ratios~

1st.... 3.321

2nd... 2.077

3rd.... 1.308

4th.... 1.000

5th ... 0.864

It weighs about 85#'s naked -n- dry, so it *MIGHT* be eligible for UPS/FEDEX ground freight services once packaged. Barring any unforeseen complications or acts of God, I'll be @ Canby, and occasionally make trips to southern Oregon as well.

Asking $175 o/b/o.

I need this outta here! All but the most insanely offensive offers will be considered....

And swaps for 521 parts would be GREAT~

Need LF fender, hood, door sill weatherstrips (all 4), FSM (the actual book- not a pdf), windshield, camper window, dash knobs, matching doorlock cylinders.

DSC00005.jpg

P.S.~ storage dustbunnies & cobwebs included free of charge~ :lol:

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And swaps for 521 parts would be GREAT~

Need LF fender, hood, door sill weatherstrips (all 4), FSM (the actual book- not a pdf), windshield, camper window, dash knobs, matching doorlock cylinders.

hey i am interested how much would shipping be to texas? zip code 78722. my tranny is shot. would this be a direct fit into a 521 or what kind of mods am i looking at (minus of course shortening the drive shaft)?

hey i am interested how much would shipping be to texas? zip code 78722. my tranny is shot. would this be a direct fit into a 521 or what kind of mods am i looking at (minus of course shortening the drive shaft)?

Howdy Haze~

I *THINK* it's light enough to ship via fedex/ups ground~ without packaging it's at about 80 pounds. My zip is 95457. To do a 521 install would require the driveshaft shortening, and modifying the shifter (heat/bend) to clear the seat~ unless you have buckets. Other than that it's a direct bolt-in from what I understand~ i.e. clutch, starter, bellhousing, etc..

Scott

Howdy Haze~

I *THINK* it's light enough to ship via fedex/ups ground~ without packaging it's at about 80 pounds. My zip is 95457. To do a 521 install would require the driveshaft shortening, and modifying the shifter (heat/bend) to clear the seat~ unless you have buckets. Other than that it's a direct bolt-in from what I understand~ i.e. clutch, starter, bellhousing, etc..

Scott

yep its about a dollar a pound from you to me 89 dollars or so according to the ups costumer service guy. so what kind of shape is this puppy in?is it ready for install out of box?will there be anything weird with my tranny mount? and finally is this one of those trannys that require that 40 mm freeze plug mod or will my yolk bolt right in?btw would you accept 150 fer this thing? mine apparently has a broken reverse gear and a stripped input shaft where that bolt fastens down the yolk

yep its about a dollar a pound from you to me 89 dollars or so according to the ups costumer service guy. so what kind of shape is this puppy in?is it ready for install out of box?will there be anything weird with my tranny mount? and finally is this one of those trannys that require that 40 mm freeze plug mod or will my yolk bolt right in?btw would you accept 150 fer this thing? mine apparently has a broken reverse gear and a stripped input shaft where that bolt fastens down the yolk

$150 works for me~ but will I need to box it, put it on a small pallet, or...? It's a brand new rebuild~ never even had oil in it. Don't know about the tranny mount. It is not tapped for a boltin flange~ so the freeze plug mod would be necessary, or if you've got a steady hand you might be able to drill it out and tap it yourself. I've been wrenching for a long time but not on datsuns~ so all the parts swapping stuff I'm real green at. It has a small piece of aluminum chipped away where the rear seal saddle is, but not enough to warrant replacing the rear housing- as you can see here:

Dsc00125.jpg

all right man lets do this. how do you want to proceed? ups says you can mail this thing in a personal box. i was thinking i could send you $250 even which should cover all shipping costs. if that works for you

all right man lets do this. how do you want to proceed? ups says you can mail this thing in a personal box. i was thinking i could send you $250 even which should cover all shipping costs. if that works for you

I would think that'd cover it~ but I've never shipped anything that big/heavy. Let me check from my end first thing Monday morning~ just to make sure we've covered the bases. I'll PM you...

Scott

I would think that'd cover it~ but I've never shipped anything that big/heavy. Let me check from my end first thing Monday morning~ just to make sure we've covered the bases. I'll PM you...

Scott

sounds good man talk with you then

Are there any modifications required to fit this into a 510. Also is there any way you would sell just the nose cone?

This is a brand new rebuild~ never even had oil in it~ so parting it out is not an option. I think the only issue is where the shifter'll poke thru the floor~ and I don't have the answer for than one. Check with either DatzenMike, or the 510 sub-forum here....

Scott

This is a brand new rebuild~ never even had oil in it~ so parting it out is not an option. I think the only issue is where the shifter'll poke thru the floor~ and I don't have the answer for than one. Check with either DatzenMike, or the 510 sub-forum here....

Scott

well i have a 78-79 280zx tranny in my 510 and this is the same size and shape right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.