DATSUN HOTWHEELS (and some other ones)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What/whos car is that kenmeri?

The original belongs to Nissan, and always has.

Depending on who you ask, it was either a race car they were prepping right before the big oil crisis hit that basically killed their racing program, or it was just a show car intended to promote the upcoming race car they never actually built. 

A lot of replicas have been built of it, though...

The original (still in Nissan's collection):

image.jpg

• Like 2

Greased monkey - Bitchin collection. I like how that first green kenmeri appears to have been nearly copied to make the new hot wheels one.

Grady, that's freaking awesome. That's the one I just found a few days ago, but mine is abused. chipped paint, one bank of exhaust snapped off, bent axle, basically it's a lot like the 720 I drive every day :-). That's sweet that you found a new one in package. What year was it from?

It's from 2000 Lockleaf. It appears to be the last run of the hardbody to date. I like it. Then I found this one from 1996! It's def my favorite of the D21 mold. The rare all black construction tires too! Just got it yesterday.

imagejpg1_zps9da3f210.jpg

• Like 2

Heads-up guys, according to the Hot Wheels Collectors, site the yellow 620 will be at K-Day on February 14th of this year. This is the K-mart event and it will only be available at K-mart starting that saturday and once they are sold they're gone. Remember the blue one last year?

http://hwcollectorsnews.com/

http://hwcollectorsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CFK03_300px.jpg

You have been warned.

Also Todd, you will have a box coming soon. Leaving me no later than Friday. I haven't forgotten about you.

• Like 4

The OC and Clackamas KMarts have closed? Crazy. 

I was baffled when the KMart in Vancouver suddenly closed on us one day. 

The KMart out here did the same thing. No notice; just gone. 

Makes you wonder what the deal is. 

Yeah......they merged with Sears....and that is a failing company too. Kmart seemed busy all the time.....Gresham, and Sandy blvd in N.E. are the closest and I have been there last week and they have empty shelves for Hotwheels.....maybe going out too?