Naps-Z motor mount?

When I swapped my first NAPS-Z20S motor into my '72 510 Station, I did not bother to buy new motor mounts...later when I upgraded to a NAPS-Z24, I replaced one of the motor mounts. The mount I ordered was a aftermarket mount for a 72 Datsun 510 from Baxters, and it was a close fit, but wouldn't fit right. I thought maybe I had used the mounts from the '80 Nissan 510 I swapped the z20 from, but those mounts are completely different, so I am thinking I must have used the mounts that were from my 72...however, right now, I can't find an aftermarket motor mount that is the same thickness and style as the one I currently have, and I am scared to order the Nissan part in case it is the wrong one(special order only, no return).

Are the Nissan mounts different thickness than the cheap-o aftermarket ones like this?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Motor-Mount/1972-Nissan-Datsun-510/_/N-ipm01Z8ii2i?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=mount&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=130422_195313_0_

because the mount I have is about half the thickness...if I install a mount like the one on the Autozone website, I will need to cut down and re-weld the steel bracket that bolts to the engine, and I REALLY do not want to go to all that work if I can just buy the right mount.

The mount that I need to replace can be seen in this picture:

gallery_3158_392_25590.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be a PL510 mount, A better close op shot of it?

I can try to get a close up of it, but it won't be for a few, tomorrow I am spending the day with the wifey...I know the vin on my 72 wagon is WPL510 then the number, I am pretty sure it is the factory mount for the car...The motor mounts for a 1980 510 naps look nothing like it.

If it is a normal 70's PL510 motor mount, then the cataloging for every parts store I have looked at is giving me a motor mount that is almost 1" thicker than what I have now(as seen in the autozone link).

ok, so I figured it out. I was using the factory 1972 datsun 510 motor mounts and several aftermarket companies are using the wrong cataloging. Baxter Auto Parts, AED, and Autozone all show a motor mount that is not the same as the one I have, which led to confusion and second guessing myself. I did some hunting and found that Beck Arnley makes a mount for the 68-73 510 and looks like the factory Nissan mount for a 72 Datsun 510, but I doubt it is of the same quality though. I will try ordering one and see if it is the same...if it isn't, I suppose I will be trying to track a factory one down.

• 5 years later...