Got my wagon today

So I saved one from the crusher.... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30442-should-i-buy-this-parts-car/ Took a month to get the funds saved up to get her here but she is now home. MUCH better shape then I though. Interior is toast, but what do you expect for sitting in a field since 1979. Story is...car was purchased in 1971 (buile 1/71). Driven for 8 years and parked in this lot in 1979. Its ALL original down to the 14k miles on the odo. I have my cleaning cut out for me. The car is stuck closed and sitting on top up the butter flys is mouse shit. Figure I'll buy a weber conversion for it for now untill I can rebuild the stock carb. Everything seems to be there. I found some cool paper work in the glove box, I'll have to get some photos of that tonight. I'm trying to make out the color code, I can tell there its "56" something...but thats all I can make out on the sticker. I will post more stuf up tonight.

2011-05-14%2011.19.23.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.26.13.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.33.31.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.35.27.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.35.35.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.35.48.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.36.00.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.36.12.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.36.30.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.36.36.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.36.53.jpg

2011-05-14%2011.37.11.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW! Awesome car. Great color too :cool: Very clean & str8 for the most part. Prolly more like 114k tho. still low mileage for its age. Cant wait to see her all cleaned up. Good luck & have fun :D I will check 2 see if I can find out color code.

The car only bein driven for about 8 years in a small town in Nedraska has me thinking its really 14k..trans fluid is bright pink still...I found some p/o info in the car..I'm going to do some research on it.

No clue why the vc bolts are missing. Top end loks realativly clean. I'm goling to see if I can spin the motor this week.

I guess anything's possible. I was going more by the body condition. Mine sat for about the same amount of time in a dry climate too. It had about 120K in the 10 years it was on the road before being parked (for 25 years) and the body was in similar condition. This thing needs a build thread.

I'm just like a kid @ Christmas......can't wait to start soaking things in penetrating fluid. The door hinges broke....not sure if I can fix them....but man am I excited.

Ill get photos of the paper work tomorrow...some stuff I've never seen before.

I'm just like a kid @ Christmas......can't wait to start soaking things in penetrating fluid. The door hinges broke....not sure if I can fix them....but man am I excited.

Ill get photos of the paper work tomorrow...some stuff I've never seen before.

how many hinges are broke? I knew one was cuz the spring fell out when i opened the door. You have probly looked it over more today than I did the whole time i hade it.lol. good to see it made it there ok.

I think all the doors have an issue with the hinges. I think I opend every door, lifted a lot of the carpets, flipped the turn signal switch, looked over he motor.....

Thanks again Darin :-)

I would say it's probably 50/50 that it has 14k. I have a 66 Dodge D100 with only 10k on it. My grandpa used it around the farm to haul wood, and the furthest he ever drove it was to the town 15 miles over. I'd look at things like the interior and wear on the other parts(factory break parts? Suspension parts, etc...).

Great find!

well, the interior was killed by the sun..but the pedals dont really show much wear. I'll snap some picks of them. the steering links are really clean, not much road grim @ all. My fingers are crossed that I can get a hold of the PO and get some history on the car.

I've NEVER seen a 510 with all original components...I think shes gonna get a bath tomorrow just because.

14K??? Check the muffler and pipes. My 25K 710 has the original installed mufflers.

710projectbegin021Large.jpg

Look on the brake peddle for wear on the gas peddle side. Window wind ups and arm rests. Door hinges? Got the original rad and heater hoses and clamps? Fan belts?

14K??? Check the muffler and pipes. My 25K 710 has the original installed mufflers.

http://i138.photobuc...gin021Large.jpg

Look on the brake peddle for wear on the gas peddle side. Window wind ups and arm rests. Door hinges? Got the original wipers?

muffler is GONE (but I will recheck tomorrow)...there is a section that looks to have been cut out. I think you can tell in one of the pics.

Arm rests are all there and not loose. Window cranks all there. Door hinges snapped (probably due for sitting since 79) but they all close solid. The arms are not there, but the part that holds the blades are..they have some winde deflector on them.

One thing I was noticing...the front grill doesnt look like it was painted black...EVERY 510 (minus the polished ones grills) has always had black bars..this one does not. Would that be a trim level thing? There is not even any black on the head lamp surrounds....

Gave her a bath yesterday....sealed some small holes in the weather strip to keep any more water from getting it. Found this relay that I have NO clue what its for......Anyone know?

Front.jpg

Hatch.jpg

Hatch2.jpg

LeftFRONT.jpg

LeftREAR.jpg

rightFRONT.jpg

rightREAR.jpg

FrontSEATS.jpg

PEDALS.jpg

EmissionSTICKER.jpg

unknownRELAY2.jpg

Congrats...check out some of my before and after pics of my wagon (same color as yours) to give you some inspiration on how much of a difference some interior tid bits make on it.

Here's the link to my thread page with the pics I'm talking about: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/8106-i-also-scored-a-510-wagon/page__st__80