my510

One of the org owners of my yellow 510 said hell pay me 5K tobuy the yellow car back

Should I do it? This is the car that got me into 510s.

But I just dont drive it. I think 50 miles in the last 2 years.

But I prematurly told him 5K thinking most Datsun guys dont have the money then he says I bring it Saturday. I thought he was bullshiting

Now Should I do it?

Im thinking 7K$ otherwise NO.

HPIM0261_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a tough one there man. It's so different that it's kinda hard to give up. But on the other hand selling it means that you'd have more money towards other things. And if you don't drive it I don't see why you wouldn't sell it. I would see if he would go higher than 5k though.

How long have you had it?

I love that car. :cool:

That being said, if you don't drive it much and the guy will take good care of it, sure. Other than the 'I used to have this bitchin car' regret, I don't see why not.

Maybe you could pick up a 620 to build in the space you'll have in the garage, not to mention the cash you'd have to throw at a project like that :D

Tell him 8k, if he's a true enthusiast that will take care of it, he'll pay for it. That car is the shit Hainz, and shouldn't be given up to just anybody. So what if you don't drive it, it's a piece of history. You think these guys that own convertible hemi-cudas go out and drive them every day? Hell no, don't be so eager to give it up like the preacher's daughter at the prom!

I realy need to buy a bigger house with garage.

Everytime the Sun comes out I drive my 2 stroke bikes.

As for Eric the previous owner ,he does take care of his care right up till he NEEDS money.

I seen him own about 5 510 all nice then sold

a Mint box flared 914 then sold needed the money.

Mint 944 also

He has a Primered Boxflared 510 he got from Tacoma if somebody knows this car(3k$)with L16

I can see this happening again but times are good right now.

Redeye is convinceing me to keep it.

My Banzai Beater 510 has some blowby issues and stinking me out of the car. Im routing long houses out the crank case vent out the back tro see if keeps the smell down. Car still runs like a top and hauls ass for a 1600.

As for Eric the previous owner ,he does take care of his care right up till he NEEDS money.

If this is the case...keep it. Cause YOU know what will happen, and then you'll really be kicking yourself.

Start looking for a new house ;)

2eDeYe;42751']If this is the case...keep it. Cause YOU know what will happen' date=' and then you'll really be kicking yourself.

[/quote']

Or... he could sell for a profit, and when the guy needs cash again he could buy it back for cheap :cool:

what did you pay for it? would it be a profit @ 5K?

what can you remove/keep out of it?

it looks good in the garage, but w/the $$$ you could fix the banzai machine and still have a downpayment on a foreclosure :D

then in a few years take a loan on the equity and buy it back for cheap when hes hurtin again.

dont buy another heep :fu: a rusty wagon would be better then a new heep :P

lift the convertible and put it on a 4X4 frame :lol: thats kinda like a heep :blink:

Morning Hainz, I think you have to consider the offer. I know you LOVE that yellow convertible, however, I think it's time you consider doing another one. I think you've got enough parts around your house already to do a smoking 510 without more than finding a clean shell and you can do it right with a nice LZ22 or L20b with a good suspension setup.

As for value, I see that convertible of your's being worth a heck of a lot more than 5K, 8K would be my bottom line and 10K would be more like it. 510's have become more scarce as time goes by, nice ones require WAY more than 5K to get done. My beater wagon that I've been driving through the winter, hell, it looks like hell and it still cost me $4700 so far....

EDIT:

You don't need to sell anything to buy the "Heep" or another house either you rich bastard ......

redeye

I would use the money for a Rubican 4dr jeep!

Would you change your mind then?

Ok IM leaning on keeping it

Only if you come wheelin :lol:

Honestly your 510 will do nothing but go up in value and the cool factor alone is worth keeping it...I mean how many 510 speedsters are there in the world.

Jeep Rubicon? Extremely cool in my book, but they are everywhere and easy to come by (with $).

I'm with Bleach...

Rent out your old house (good luck selling in this market) and buy a new house with plenty of garage space for the 510 and parking for the Jeep. :D

I say keep it.

I had a 240Z 10 years ago and regret selling it cause of spacestorage issue. I was renting then and move to a town house with single car garage for my white sedan which I kept all this time. Then move in to single home with 2 car garage and still fit 2 cars in driveway and 2 more in front of the house (Street). Guess what, still not enough room.

So what if you don't drive it as much.

But you got a bitchin car readily available when you feel like driving it.

I know I do.

If you love it, keep it.

1970 Datsun 240Z, purchase price $400, all original, no rust or dents.

Sold for $3200

Regret it

zcar1.jpg

1969 Datsun 510

Regret it

1969_wagon016.jpg

I realy need to buy a bigger house with garage.

Everytime the Sun comes out I drive my 2 stroke bikes.

I seen him own about 5 510 all nice then sold

a Mint box flared 914 then sold needed the money.

Mint 944 also

He has a Primered Boxflared 510 he got from Tacoma if somebody knows this car(3k$)with L16

I can see this happening again but times are good right now.

Redeye is convinceing me to keep it.

My Banzai Beater 510 has some blowby issues and stinking me out of the car. Im routing long houses out the crank case vent out the back tro see if keeps the smell down. Car still runs like a top and hauls ass for a 1600.

heinz do you really want to sell that car? if you do sell it will you regret it?

i know i wish i still had my first 510. That is the car that got me in to them.

I regret ever selling it. If you do sell that car sell it for more than 5k that car is one of a kind. also take it out for a spin and enjoy it be for you make this decision and while your driving it look at how people react when they see it . I bet most of them are like whoa nice car. i know i get thumbs up a couple times a day in my beater 4 door. I can only imagine the looks that car gets.

Gee Hainz, you don't drive it. So your just letting it rot away? Maybe you should sell it to somebody who will actually use it...haha.

I say sell it for as much as you can get it for, and then build another 510 using the vast knowledge that you have blasted us with. And PLEASE don't cut the roof off, IMO it destroys the car, visually and structurally.

It's just a car. And it seems that if you wanted to buy it back, it's just a matter of time before it will be back up for sale.

Frankly, you NEVER drive it. You could make a shitload of money, beef up the beater 4 door, and buy something else...Jeep? House?

What do you get out of keeping it? What's it REALLY worth to you? Either way, $5000 is WAY too low

Well Eric called and was all over me he oofered 500$ more

I said 7K and dont call me untill then

I said you guys said dont sell it.

Its not rotting away. I think I only washed it 10 times in 9 years!!it stays clean. I run it so I can put new gas in there abd fuel stabalizer.

PS I had another box flared car and I didnt miss it one minute. Which was surprising

You guys convinced me to keep it

PS SS521 I also had a mint 280z orange like your 240 and it was cherry also. I bought it for 1500 and was the part trade to get my yellow 510.

However if I get married and or have a kid if Im so lucky I will sell it or my Banzai beater then.

I love my Jeep cherokee and love going to the mountains and over the pass and need a more practicle (New) rig.

I say keep it.

I had a 240Z 10 years ago and regret selling it cause of spacestorage issue. I was renting then and move to a town house with single car garage for my white sedan which I kept all this time. Then move in to single home with 2 car garage and still fit 2 cars in driveway and 2 more in front of the house (Street). Guess what, still not enough room.

So what if you don't drive it as much.

But you got a bitchin car readily available when you feel like driving it.

I know I do.

If you love it, keep it.

1970 Datsun 240Z, purchase price $400, all original, no rust or dents.

Sold for $3200

Regret it

zcar1.jpg

1969 Datsun 510

Regret it

1969_wagon016.jpg

1969wagonpicsnew013.jpg

Hey it went to a good home :D and if you ever want to buy it back you have first dibs :cool:

1969wagonpicsnew013.jpg

Hey it went to a good home :D and if you ever want to buy it back you have first dibs :cool:

You still haven't put the side markers on!!

I still your cash that you paid me with somewhere in the garage.

Just drop off the car as is and the money will be under the front rug. :D

Abe its an old picture the markers are on it...

Hainz sell it and do something with the cash build another car or whatever but as I have been told if you aint driving it at least once a month let someone else enjoy it