Is this considered rare?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Nope jus be done with it and give the car to me ;) really tho u can prolly use some 3m double sided tape. That's similar to how they mount the stick on ones.

Well, it's not the mounting tab thats broken, it's the badge itself :( I'll get oics later!

BTW, you can have the car for $1500, and I'll give you an LZ20, 4 speed, and all my extra goodies and paint to go with it ;)

The commonness of the badges depends on where you live. Some States don't allow License Plate frames, mostly Southern and Eastern Seaboard states, and a few Midwest ones.

I've seen very few of the badges around here- mostly out of State ones. I've seen a few from "local" dealers from back in the day, but even in the 60s and 70s folks didn't want dealerships drilling holes in the car to add free advertising. Plate frames were considered less intrusive, and took over for badges in the 60s (except the States that didn't allow them). Those locales switched to stick-on badges by the 70s, and then to plain stickers by the late 80s for the most part. Plus I think some States dropped the "no frames" requirement, though I believe some still have that.

It's a piece of history,going back to when dealers gave shit and were proud of their marque.

We have a dealer here who does that to all their VWs Volvos and Mazdas. I hate it. It is an unnecessary emblem on on new cars.

But on a older car, its kinda cool, especially when the dealer is not around anymore.

From the potmetal badges they went with stick on plastic badges, now they have the vinyl badges.

When John Elway had a lot of dealerships, they would sell his Elway badges without buying a car. It was a Denver thing.