Javin's 78 Datsun Pickup

I plan to drive around with my GF. I have to make sure that she is safe. The Steering is a little scary. It stops and goes just fine now but I need to be able to turn/keep it going in a straight line.

Serving in the Air Force was an honor. How much longer do you have to go? Are you Active Duty? Sorry I wasn't very social when you stopped by, I was trying to get ready for a speech I had that night. You going to be at Canby?

Thanks for the comment about the heater, I still need to get it finished up and installed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks skib. That makes me feel better. Instead of replacing the Temp Sender, I replaced the wire first and let it warm up. Seems to be functioning correctly.

I also replaced my side marker light, now all my lights function correctly. Blinkers work with the new electronic flasher unit. Feels like it is almost safe to drive!

well lets get crackin on that suspension/steering and get it done :lol:

I did mine significantly different than just replacing the lights in the back with the LEDs. Mine involved LED strips placed in front of the gauge. It lit up Great like that. I can see the lights even when sunny out. When I go to light up my tach again, I will add more info.

Darn it! I just got to thinking about my dash and how much I want my tach to light up too! Well I was searching and I think I may go with these for a future project!

They Freaking change colors! How cool is that shiz! I am waiting on a response from the seller about the dimensions of the strips. I may have to do it! Need to brush up on my soldering skillz

1.gif

Am I the only one that washes their truck with a scotchbrite pad :P

Today I tried to clean up the engine bay a little and managed to destroy a spark plug wire.

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

Still looks like butt

IMG_1095.jpg

Getting rid of some of the 7 year old primer... it comes right off. I probably used the cheapest shit I could find at the time. The primer is crappy anyway. The blue coming through looks decent though. I am going for the "I am going to need a tetanus shot after just looking at this truck" look for canby. Believe it or not, under the hood was much dirtier... I am still cleaning California sand out of my truck!

Plates and tags just came in.

IMG_20110602_114349.jpg

Hey, I have that medal. I went with the permanent plates though. To answer your earlier question I am going on 8 years in the Air Force, 5 of those were active. I'm goin through a med board so who knows when I'll get out. I will be at Canby at some point, I'm sure I'll see you there.

A lot of people have the medal. I just wanted something different than just the AF one, However, I may change to the AF one later...

Today I pulled my dash insert and got prepped to do LED lighting on my tach. I also repaired my glove box hinge.

Oics

Took one of these plastic folders from Freddys

IMG_20110604_194330.jpg

then cut a section off using the inside part as a width gauge

slid it into the box door after removing the three bottom screws

IMG_20110604_192340.jpg

when it had the same amount sticking out as the original piece I made holes in the plastic and screwed the original screws through the door

IMG_20110604_192433.jpg

Screwed the original lower part down over the plastic.

Tada... works.

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='05 June 2011 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1307288408' post='488569']

Nice fix :)

Someone else posted it earlier and I just copied their idea. It works pretty well. Better than falling off whenever I opened it.