Parcel Tray

boxboy

I am without a parcel tray, and was thinking that since I am a woodworker a wooden one might be a nice interior accent. But I need some measurements and pictures to go off of. If anyone has either measurements or pictures, please let me know.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to post pics of mine on this thread when I am done. I have a wooden shift knob that I turned, and I will make a matching wood edge around my parcel tray. Should look sweet. Thanks for the pics and measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this has been done for a week or so, but this is the first chance I have had to update my progress. With the help from you guys I was able to make a custom version of the parcel tray. For you purists, I know it ain't stock, but I think it looks pretty good.

IMG_4873.jpg

I didn't have any of the hardware, so I had to make it out of scrap laying around. Luckily I had a few nice chrome plated bars from an old motorcycle project, and some sheet metal.

IMG_4872.jpg

I'd still like to put some rubber tool box liner on the floor of the tray for grip and just for looks.

It looks great boxboy, but it looks so empty, unused, so barren. :( I have never seen a empty parcel tray in a datsun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha! My wife said, "What's it for? I don't understand." I said "Parcels. Duh!"