HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Since i'm ALMOST done with my car, i think i should have list of my goals and cross them off as i go.

i think the toughest thing im going to have to do right now is put the gas tank in without cracking that plastic piece.

Note that i include long term goals i intend to do within 2 years

1. Moar lower

2. Carpet + interior

3. Convert to stick

4. get a good sound system without cutting holes or annihilating the interior, NO 15 inch subs for me, ok maybe one lol

5. Rebuild L16 bore to L18, and Turbo + EFI (Yes, i have the block)

i'll add more goals as they come. right now i have a basic understanding of what to do with the engine to make it L18ET

Oh and the L20b BARELY cleared the hood like maybe a eighth of an inch

i'll add more goals as they come. right now i have a basic understanding of what to do with the engine to make it L18ET

Oh and the L20b BARELY cleared the hood like maybe a eighth of an inch

Did you put a 510 oil pan on it before installing it? That (and occasionally slotting the engine bracket mounting holes) is usually what you need to get it lower. ;)

Did you put a 510 oil pan on it before installing it? That (and occasionally slotting the engine bracket mounting holes) is usually what you need to get it lower. wink.gif

yeah i switched the oilpan, but i didnt have to slot the bracket holes at all, the carbs air cleaner even clears!

Yeah!!!

IMG00512-20110909-1702.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this thing run yet?

If you have point distributor I dont see a Ballast resistor dor the POINT coil. If you have a Matchbox then make sure you have a EI coil.

I dont see the PVC hose hooked up to the crankcase

also the other hole below carb needs to be plugged.

Fuel pump is from a 620 which will work but the 510 ones have the inlet /outlet in the correct spot. to make it a cleaner run from the corner by the lights to the inlet of fuel pump.

this thing run yet?

If you have point distributor I dont see a Ballast resistor dor the POINT coil. If you have a Matchbox then make sure you have a EI coil.

I dont see the PVC hose hooked up to the crankcase

also the other hole below carb needs to be plugged.

Fuel pump is from a 620 which will work but the 510 ones have the inlet /outlet in the correct spot. to make it a cleaner run from the corner by the lights to the inlet of fuel pump.

not yet

i have the ballast resistor just haven't put it on

i cut the L20B tube and just need to get a hose

for the the hole you mean the only other one on the manifold besides the PCV valve?

yeah i was meaning to switch the fuel pumps out. i might as well get a new one though

uh Houston...

im not sure about the following..

bunch of wires that are supposed to go to ballast, dizzy, and coil

and also that dizzy pic is of what i think is supposed to be TDC

and those tubes on the intake, i know the one pointing to the firewall is PCV, and the rest idk lol

IMG00552-20110926-1722.jpg

IMG00545-20110926-1608.jpg

IMG00546-20110926-1608.jpg

IMG00547-20110926-1608.jpg

IMG00550-20110926-1711.jpg

IMG00551-20110926-1711.jpg