HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea only two things are stopping me from installing my engine and getting it running, finding all the hardware (bolts, screws, nuts, etc) and time.

yea i really wanted to keep it white, i wanted to keep it in original form with the dings and rust, it sorta had its personality, but my dad insisted on painting it. my next Datsun projects are going to retain its original body/color

do what i did and hit up an ACE or something similar. ive got more random shit from hardware stores in my car than actualy datsun hardware. my entire flywheel/clutch assy. is held together by ACE hardware parts lol, and i race the shit outta my car and not one problem haha

1. Oil pan done

2. L16 pick up tube installed

3. Gas tank sanded primered

4. Intake mani cleaned and made smooth on inside in theory to reduce turbulence

IMG00338-20110705-1632.jpg

IMG00344-20110706-1029.jpg

IMG00339-20110706-0812.jpg

IMG00345-20110706-1240.jpg

IMG00348-20110707-1319.jpg

IMG00349-20110707-1319.jpg

IMG00351-20110707-1320.jpg

IMG00352-20110707-1320.jpg

i was told once that the more turbulence you have going in the better air/fuel mix you will get...is that bull or is it true? i know when my buddy ported his l20 head (gasket matched it) he left the intake ports slightly rough and polished the exhaust ports. thing ran like a bat outta hell after that.

never mind i saw what you were talking about. ill shut up now hahaha

Yeah i don't want to make my ports any bigger until i learn more about the airflow of exhaust/intake, knowing myself i might end up screwing up and making them too big lol

Yesterday i put the new oil pan on the engine and i found out i lost two bolts, so i borrowed some from my L16 :D.

i can tell Ace is going to be my favorite store in the coming weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

just thought i'd report: im fabbing mounts for Honduh seats for the Dime while i still wait on the damn tranny, i still have to gather up the old hardware from the whole drive train. tomorrow, i hope to weld the seat brackets and get the tranny, i'll keep you guys updated on that.

however i have been productive this last week. i brushed up on my stick shift skills. heel toe, double clutching, rev matching yada yada yada. i even dumped the clutch! if i dont finish my car before this school year starts im most likely driving a Mercedes sad.gif or the RX-7 biggrin.gif

91603191990103-480.jpg

IMG00336-20110629-1657.jpg

i was told once that the more turbulence you have going in the better air/fuel mix you will get...is that bull or is it true? i know when my buddy ported his l20 head (gasket matched it) he left the intake ports slightly rough and polished the exhaust ports. thing ran like a bat outta hell after that.

Exhaust ports can be mirror smooth, if you want to bother, to reduce deposit build up. Intakes can be rough to prevent the boundary layer from lifting (delaminating) from the metal surface. Just like those tiny vertical fins along the rear window roof line on race cars. Once the air delaminates it begins to tumble somewhat like a mini tornado and this impedes the other air from getting past this 'choke point'. There should be no sudden transition from intake runner diameter to a different port diameter. Port matching should be a blending of the size difference.

Turbulence inside the cylinder is very beneficial however.

looking good my friend.

Thank you kind sir.

I'm disappointed in my Transmission guy. he said my Transmission would be ready today but i show up to his place and he left to someplace, his son didn't say where he went or when he'd get back.... so i guess i wait more while the school gets busier... tonight is gonna be a restless night.