Coladylan's 1982 Datsun 720 4x4

coladylan

This is what it looked likewhen I bought it for $950

720BeforeMods2.jpg

Shortly after I ripped the stock fender flares off, Took out the plastic bed liner, upgraded to american racing rims and 31x10.5s, took out the A/C unit, put in a racing bucket seat, rattle can olive drab (first part of the camo job), then I pulled the stock stereo and put in a Sony explode deck, 2 sony explode 6x9 speakers (in the back panels), 2 pioneer 5" speakers (in the kick panels) , A 12" Infinity Sub in a subzero case, and a kenwood 800 watt amp

I installed a Cobra CB (complete with PA) and then the 3" body lift

Then It went to the hills wink.gif

phone002.jpg

fearless2.jpg

070609_190600-1.jpg

011109_132200.jpg

got just a little air....biggrin.gif

jump.jpg

Finally finished the camo job, and it was back into the hills

083009_181900.jpg

100409_083400.jpg

101109_080600.jpg

101109_080700.jpg

Then the old Z22 felt real tired with about 200,000, so it was time to replace her. It got a brand new Z22 and a weber 32/36 carb. Now she purrrs and purrrrs

The new custom made bumper!!!! (was goin for a hybrid prerunner, offroad bumper) Thank you Marty!

IMG00298.jpg

IMG00297.jpg

IMG00299.jpg

As funds come available, these mods will hopefully be made

bob thebed

smaller mirrors

roll bar

grant steering wheel

3" suspension lift

new rancho9000 shocks

bigger tires ( I already have 16" PCW aluminum rims just waiting...)

fenderflares

HID lights (or something like that)

hood scoop

nerf bars

orange rhino linefor the bed

new racing seats from a z32 300zx

Here is a couple more photo's of some fun

fearless.jpg

111.jpg

111809.jpg

121408_124700.jpg

fearless8.jpg

fearless7.jpg

fearless5.jpg

021609_184400.jpg

and... Stickers!!! (there is more on the KC windows)

092709_154100.jpg

092709_154200.jpg

Edited by coladylan
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what it looked like when I bought it for $950

720BeforeMods1.jpg

720BeforeMods2.jpg

This was soon after with a 3" BL, no fender flares, 31x10.5s, and a rattle can job

011109_132200.jpg

Completed the custom camo paint

083009_181900.jpg

The new custom made bumper (was goin for a hybrid prerunner, offroad bumper)

IMG00297.jpg

IMG00298.jpg

IMG00299.jpg

you only need one code per pic, not two :D

stay away from hids..inless u know forsure ur getting a good kit..they are too unreliable..my gf has gone through her second kit in one year..and we bought the kits from people that are friends highly recommend..make ur high beams yellow..they have a thread on here.with the part number u need and everything..11 bucks a bulb i believe is what it sayed.i plan on doing that for my 720..ever need a wheeling buddy hit me up..all take my two wheel drive everywere it will let me!.and i got to ask..why no fender flares??ever want to sell them.we can talk!

I just didnt like the original fenders on my 720. They were faded and they were the very first thing I took off the truck haha... Bushwacker made aftermarket ones and I want to get those someday, but the only place I can find them is for like $250. I think my next mod im going to do is find a 84 bed with the tail lights on the bed sides, cut the end off and weld them onto my shortenned bed. Maybe il even keep my tailgate because the datsun name is on it...

stay away from hids..inless u know forsure ur getting a good kit..they are too unreliable..my gf has gone through her second kit in one year..and we bought the kits from people that are friends highly recommend..make ur high beams yellow..they have a thread on here.with the part number u need and everything..11 bucks a bulb i believe is what it sayed.i plan on doing that for my 720..ever need a wheeling buddy hit me up..all take my two wheel drive everywere it will let me!.and i got to ask..why no fender flares??ever want to sell them.we can talk!

Iv been doin some searching and I didnt find the yellow light swap for the 720... All I found was the 620 and the mercedes lights... And I dont want to just paint the lenses cuz that would actually reduce the light.

Okay... I think I finally got the first original post the way it should be and is working right.... I think dry.gif

looks good, you have new pics too. even better. how much it cost you to make that bumper, just in material (not with the lights..)

Well, I had a good friend make it for me, and he gave me a great deal. He is the best welder I know, and his welds are as good as any manufacturer. To answer the question haha he charged me $350... so im thinkin materials were around $300. I also want to put just a little plate, like 1/8, from the skid plate down to the stock holes under the diff. Then it will be just a bit more protected.

If you make it to Canby, I got the smaller mirrors, wanna trade? As far as the HID's I would go to VisionX website and look at the LED systems. Granted they are not the cheapest but the have the 10watt units for about $100 each that would blow 2 HID's away!! I plan on bringing a few demos down to the show.

As far as the LED's this one will be for wide area, it is 15% tall and 45% wide pattern.

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice-S1100/c1_48_88/p461/2%22_SOLSTICE_SOLO_BLACK_10-WATT_LED_POD_45°/15°_ELLIPTICAL_BEAM/product_info.html

These monsters will be for distance,15% pattern

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice-S1100/c1_48_88/p376/2%22_SOLSTICE_SOLO_BLACK_10-WATT_LED_POD_15°_MEDIUM_BEAM/product_info.html

I want to put some splash guards/lift liner in the front fender wells... anyone recommend a certain material? I will like it to protect, but not rip and still be able to lift it up so I can get to the oil filter and slave cylinder and such. I was thinkin cut up tire tube, but I think it may be to thin and it might hook on something and stretch and rip and cause a safety problem

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys im going to buy some parts through nissan, and am going to run it by you guys real quick just to see if any of you have the parts for cheaper

Transfer case rubber seal (so mud and stuff does not fly into the cab) $50.... mine is ripped up and im tired of gettin mud all over

The handle to the stock jack (it is the L shaped handle with the square hole in it) $8

Rear sliding window lock/latch part **724-25W00 $18

The leather cover for the transmission (goes over the rubber inside the cab) $13

The little bolt on clamps for the jack T handle in the back of the cab $2 each

If anyone has any of them, or cheaper alternatives let me know

thanks,

Dylan

My old 720 had the no rubber issue, water/steam would flow up thru there when i was wheeling. Its ghetto, but i just found a rubber floor mat. Cut it into an oval shape, then a hole in the center. Slid it down over the shifter, and put the carpet back on top of it. Never had an issue after that. Was a freebie too, didn't pay 50 bucks :D