79 210 V6

dez

once upon a time there was a kid that showed up with that making all sorts of ridiculous ricer claims

(like it had a 9.something :1CR L28 making 170hp that would lift the front wheels off the ground with lots of fat chicks on the back

not sure how its relevant though

Fixed :lol: ,,,, ^^^

whats the green Z car got to do with this ? :huh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how its relevant though

OK...maybe a little out of context.

Dez. It's your car.

Good luck. And have fun with it.

If you do think this is the route you want to go...finish it.

You're gonna be doing things you can't reverse, so commitment is crucial.

Anything is possible with time, money, and a welder.

And...welcome to Ratsun.

well the rearend im not so sure about lol... but its not going to be out the mustang it coming the mountianeer/ explorer so it will have 31 spline axles, LSD, and disc brakes and will more then likely be heading to a local chassis shop to be fitted but im unsure as of now

well the rearend im not so sure about lol... but its not going to be out the mustang it coming the mountianeer/ explorer so it will have 31 spline axles, LSD, and disc brakes and will more then likely be heading to a local chassis shop to be fitted but im unsure as of now

awwwwwwww ,,, good choice on the donor axle :D ,,,

Well it's always good to have pictas ,,, the design of the rear frame assembly/4-link plates you could follow off of something like this if you wanted to ;) ,,, just measure ,,, build it on the ground ,,, and put it up on the car ,,, coil-overs and go ! :lol: ,,, well sort of

( Jegs.com )

550newchassis.jpg

550-40011k.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am undecided on what im going to do with it exactly but my choices are

A. Get it running and drop it low and enjoys the MPG

B. throw the vq30 in it and make it into my street/strip monster

C. put a KA in it drop it try and look cool

D. part it out and use the money towards my s13 coupe

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8069.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8077.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

Yes i have a ton of work to get it into running condition but hey all my cars start out looking terrible and end up looking good...just no paint lol

And yes it have the factory AC still in it and im not going to keep it so if you want it PM me a offer....next up is to clean it up and strip the car because the interior is nasty

Hi Dez, congrats on your purchase.

A VG30 fits in a 210 no problems, don't need to cut the firewall or the tunnel since all 210s have the large 71-series tunnel. You do need a stronger rear, a Ford Ranger 8.8 is good, you only have to narrow one side and use two short-side axles. Or you can fit a Datsun 320 pickup H190, it's already the correct width, well it's 2 inches narrower. Either way you have to weld on the spring pads and Datsun 210 4-link mounts.

That 1979 Datsun 210 I see has the 65 HP motor which means it is a 5-speed car. The dogleg 5-speed is worth $200 good used, and if cleaned up you might get more for it. The non-dogleg is worth even more.

ok well a small update...pulled the A14 today and ripped all the chewed up nasty carpet and seats...2morrow it will be getting power washed inside and out...

the VQ is going to be a very hard fit with alot of cutting and fitting and the VQ is a different beast from the VG

IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8087.jpg