79 210 V6

dez

hello all my name is dez and im in the process of buying a 79 210 with a bit of rear 1/4 panel rust for $100 AND it runs and drives but the trans had been pull but was never sold. I also have a VQ30DET which is a 3ltr turbo version of the VQ35 and come in a nissan cima, leopard, etc... main question is will it fit between the strut towers. If VG30 can fit into a 1200 so it should fit in a 210 Form what i have researched i will have to cut and fit the trans tunnel and fit in a beefy rearend ( ford 8.8)... it approx. 26.5" wide but enough of that here are some pic on the engine but i one have one partial of the car

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

Wagon.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currenty dont have the car in my possesion so i cant measure and wont have the car for a couple weeks as i have to get tires for it to even be able to roll and its final time for school on top of that

I had a rb20 240sx and did all the work for it so this shouldnt be to big of a jump work wise

Pod racer YES!!! i want a 10 sec street sleeper

An RB into a 240sx is nothing compared to what you're about to take on.

You'd have an easier time putting the VQ into that 810 in the foreground.

lol ya, RB 240sx swaps are common and documented.

no R&D, guess work, or wrong answers required.

this will be a whole other story though

If you measure it ,,, and it will fit ,,, and you can weld ,,, and you have tools ,,, and you have time ,,, you will be ok :D

Of course this will come with a lot of trial and error ,,, but thats the glory of doing the stuff your-self man :cool: ,,, 4 link the 8.8 ?

Tube Reinforce everything , and drill locaters before cutting any sheet-metal out at firewall/trans-tunnel :D ,,, I wouldn't cut inch by inch either ,,,

Of course if you are truly serious about making the thing fit ,,, you might end up with a whole front end that is reinforced/built out tubing ,,, rather than sheet-metal

compaired to what? A15 yes... KA24, wider and but the length and weight are nearly the same... its really not that big by any V6 standard and i can slide it around on the pallet by myself and im not big at all

Good luck.

You MIGHT have a 1/4" leftover between the strut towers. But I doubt it.

And the clearance for the master cylinder? Non-existent.

A VG-E is probably even a bit too tight to fit in the hood of a B310.

If it was me, I'd sell it, and buy a CA18DET. Or a KA with money to throw at other supporting members to the build.

The rear end in the 210 ain't gonna hold up to that VQ.

Hell, that car looks like it's seen better days. It might not even hold up to that VQ.

So many variables scream do not attempt.

I think it will fit, but I'm just basing that on anecdotal evidence. I think the bigger issue will getting it running properly. What engine management are you planning on using? Does the non-US market VQ30DET have the same crap that the USDM has (NATS, CAN comm between ECM, IPDM, BCM, and requiring the coded key & ignition)?

I think it will fit, but I'm just basing that on anecdotal evidence. I think the bigger issue will getting it running properly. What engine management are you planning on using? Does the non-US market VQ30DET have the same crap that the USDM has (NATS, CAN comm between ECM, IPDM, BCM, and requiring the coded key & ignition)?

He did say it was from a Leopard or a Cima...so that puts it around 1997? to present...Could be in for some serious headaches. With very little USDM support.

hasnt MOST of the datsun on this site seen better days....just sayin

We all love our Datsuns :P :lol:

Yeah, and you're doing it to a '79 210, so who cares? :lol:

:lol: ,,, Yes

It has none of that crap...its going to run the factory ECU then its getting a nistune chip later on

Cool Story Bro ,,, Really too bad those foam engine blocks aren't made for this for mock up ,,, and they are way too spendy period if it were ,,, :blink:

nope, not really.

theres plenty of projects and plenty of gorgeous cars here

Agreed :cool:

flatcat whats the point of the picture

once upon a time there was a kid that showed up with that making all sorts of ridiculous ricer claims

(like it had a 9.something :1CR L28 making 400hp that would lift the front wheels off the ground and light the tires up on the dyno at 2700RPM)

not sure how its relevant though