Chrome Service

I'm now offering chrome service. Holes for bumper over riders, plates & seams can be filled. All bumpers will be triple plated. If you want it straightened and then powder coated, I can do that to. Just let me know and I'll get you a price.

510 Bumper - Start @ $250 ea

Sand Blast the inside/back - add $15 ea

Polish 510 Grills = $50

Chrome 510 headlamp surrounds = $120

4cyl L series Valve covers - $95 chromed.

Took these OIC's.

2011-04-22%2013.04.09.jpg

2011-04-22%2013.04.18.jpg

2011-04-22%2013.04.34.jpg

2011-04-22%2013.05.05.jpg

2011-04-22%2013.05.13.jpg

2011-04-22%2013.05.25.jpg

2011-04-22%2013.09.03.jpg

MOAR Oic's

510bumper.jpg

510bumper2.jpg

510bumper3.jpg

Chrome_INSIDE.jpg

Delivered these this past weekend.

Robert_AFter.jpg

Robert_After2.jpg

69LicenseLamp.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since i really dont know what is involved in the chrome plating process, this question may be really dumb.

I have wanted to get a plastic dash bezel for a 620, plated. Now i would assume that there is heat involved in the plating process that would melt the bezel. However, i know that some form of chrome plating can be done to plastic. How do they plate the parts for a 1/25 scale model car? those are plastic.

Do you know anything that could be done for this bezel?

can you chrome a whole truck? that would be different

You actually could....but man that would cost...

Ah yes I remember you now. Anyways what else can you have chrome plated? Any Aluminum parts?

Grills, wheels, aluminum should not be a problem.

Do you also strip the bumpers or does that have to be done before you get them?

we will strip them. I'm even going to start blasting the back side of the bumpers. it will look cleaner.

What about the inside of the bumper? On one of your pictures i see rust. Do you do a complete chrome or just the outside?

The bumpers are acid dipped....no rust left.

the inside/back side are not prepped like the side you see. But we are starting to blast the inside just so they look cleaner when you receive the finished product.

Sweet! How much to do a valve cover? laugh.gif

I'm gonna have some stuff for you soon mate.

I should have all the prices for L4 and L6's this week...in both chrome, polished and powdered coated.

Since i really dont know what is involved in the chrome plating process, this question may be really dumb.

I have wanted to get a plastic dash bezel for a 620, plated. Now i would assume that there is heat involved in the plating process that would melt the bezel. However, i know that some form of chrome plating can be done to plastic. How do they plate the parts for a 1/25 scale model car? those are plastic.

Do you know anything that could be done for this bezel?

The plastic parts are done with electroplating. I know of a place that does it, but I think they only do virgin material. I had a friend back in Texas that had this cool little spray booth (4'x4') and they would spray chrome.

chrome like this, no. Electroplating I could do. I can also take the part you want and paint it with this "chrome paint" from Alsa. VERY good stuff. not the cheap crap in the rattle can. Email me a photo of what part your talking about... info@FGmotorsports.com

Fix are those my old bumpers if they are DAYUM! :lol:

Yes, I had to jump on that deal!!!!! :D

Tell people whether you can do small trim parts, emblems, scripts etc.

I've sold a lot of weathered trim stuff, and I'll be there's a good market

there too.

should not be a problem. I'm actually working on a cool way to restore emblems. I'm going to try it on my personal stuff 1st though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.