Ball joint spacers.. Yay or Nay?

coladylan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple of companies that make upper ball joint spacers to help with the control arm angle when you crank the torsion bars up.

They dont seem to cause problems, actually decress problem,s that you would have had if you didnt use them.

• 2 weeks later...

I know where to get the ball joint spacers

Right now I am running 31x10.5 tires, with the T-bars cranked and a 3" body lift. My camber is not aligned because it will not shim anymore (I think thats what the guy said), and my tires wear on the outside.

Will ball joint spacers fix that?

Also, what happens when I get the suspension lift, and I have the ball joint spacers, and lower the t-bars back down?

Because my ultimate goal is to have the 3" BL. 2-3" SL, and lower the T-bars back down to stock hight so that my truck rides better. But If I can keep the spacers, then it has extra lift... which I like.

When I do get the money and chance to lift it, what would you guys recomend I do in the front? Like replace the bushings? If you can give me a list of all that jazz youd replace if you were me (for safety and overall ride)

Thanks,

Dylan

Dylan, when the T-bars are cranked to lift the truck it will cause inside edge wear on your tires, not outside. So you have other issues also. The Upper balljoint spacers are usually only used to re-gain some of your ride quality. Lifts the truck a little without the upper control arm angle being against the upper bump stop.

And i cant think of a reason that they could not be used after the lift, however i am curious who you are getting an actual lift from. All the products for these trucks that i have seem are simply re-engineered parts that allow you to crank the torsion bars a little further.

Really need to consider doing a Solid axle swap, rather than even messing with the nissan IFS mess.

oops... your right the tire wear is on the inside...

I plan to get the Suspension lift and maybe the ball joint spacers from 4x4parts.com (A/C) they are the only real site that sells Nissan 720 aftermarket parts that Ive found

The lift includes different A arms, bushings, and an add a leaf for the back. They also sell new torsion bars with a higher spring rate, but I dont think I am going to get those.