"Project Car" mag - SR20 620 feature.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah seriously, support the magazine that does cool stuff like that. Magazines all over are hurting for subscriptions, I'll probably pick up a copy of this. Have to find someone who sells it though, haven't seen that around.

Yeah seriously, support the magazine that does cool stuff like that. Magazines all over are hurting for subscriptions, I'll probably pick up a copy of this. Have to find someone who sells it though, haven't seen that around.

The Fred Meyer's her in Tri-Cities sells it.

Sr With out a turbo in a 620 why? Ka is way more simple and makes more power.

Not if you upgrade the cams and ECU. You can easily get the NA SR20 up to 190 hp, which is more than the KA, and it wraps out higher too. Plus it's easier to find an SR than it is a good KA. KA single cams also don't have pistons available aftermarket that I'm aware of. Unless you're talking high dollar custom pistons. The Arias set I was looking at was $600, and that didn't even include wrist pins I don't think. Also much less support for KA, vs. SR. Also, the SR is lighter than the KA due to being all aluminum.

Potential wise, the KA has more being larger displacement, but an SR is a great choice for the 620.

Not if you upgrade the cams and ECU. You can easily get the NA SR20 up to 190 hp, which is more than the KA, and it wraps out higher too. Plus it's easier to find an SR than it is a good KA. KA single cams also don't have pistons available aftermarket that I'm aware of. Unless you're talking high dollar custom pistons. The Arias set I was looking at was $600, and that didn't even include wrist pins I don't think. Also much less support for KA, vs. SR. Also, the SR is lighter than the KA due to being all aluminum.

Potential wise, the KA has more being larger displacement, but an SR is a great choice for the 620.

Your right ka has more potential . Thanks for proving my point =p

And you right about the single slammer.

Take some single slammer pistons stick them in a dual cam with 91 cams and a auto ecu and it will eat the sr .

Don't get me wrong I love my sr . But the ka Makes more sens when you look at it in the cubic dollar sens. Then again being addicted to 40 year old japanes cars don't make much sens lol

Maybe he will join or is on here and I can ask him what maid him go with the sr20de.

I just wanted to pop in to say thanks to those who have picked up a copy of our magazine. As mentioned above, we need the support of communities such as this one in order to continue building these types vehicles. Our magazine is run by a large corporation who only cares about is the bottom line. We pay the bills by selling copies on the newsstand and bringing in advertisers (who also want to see us sell copies). Please understand that I have to put my ass on the line to venture out and build projects such as this one. If the issue tanks, my boss will remind me that I need to stick to mainstream cars such as Hondas in order to sell copies. Personally, I have a passion for Nissans/Datsuns and own two 620s and Roadster. I've also done a lot with the S13/S14 chassis and was one of the first guys in the US playing with RB swaps. Over the past year I've ocassionally visited this site and have drawn a lot of inspiration for the 620 from it. What I enjoy most about Ratsun is that it's a breeding ground for creativity and unlike most automotive forums, does not focus on using expensive parts. Thanks for keeping it real. I'll try to pop in every now to answer any questions that you might have and get some input/suggestions from you guys.

I'll start by answering the question about why I selected the SR20DE over a KA. As already mentioned, it's lighter, has a lot of aftermarket support, and is well matched for the lightweight 620. More importantly, I already had the engine and ITB setup sitting around so it was also much cheaper for me to use what i had. As for keeping it NA, this project was more about style and creating something unique than straight performance.

Thanks,

Gary Narusawa

Editor

Project Car Magazine

• Like 5