How To create an effective 4 sale AD

DatDoug

I have bought & sold many rigs in my time. I want to share with you all what I feel is a good template for a successful "4 Sale" Ad.

First of all the "Title" should state exactly what you are selling while being brief. The Bones of it.

Ex. 195/75/14 Tires with like new tread $100

Ex. 69 Datsun 510 WagOOn $2900

Ex. 15 x 6 Chrome pathfinder rims 6 lug. $100

Now for the ad itself. This should also be bfief, but still give the potential buyer a good idea of what they are getting. We dont need to hear about your life story :blink: Stick to the item 4 sale :P

Ex. This is a 79 Datsun King Cab truck with a L20b & 5 speed tranny. Has new weber 32/36 & runs like a top. Just put in a new clutch kit & tranny shifts smooth. Tires are good. Brakes are good. Interior is clean with stock tach, nice stereo, & center console. Body is str8 with minimum rust & original paint. $2500 CASH (Clear Title) Call 555-123-5555 for more info or to set up a time to see truck.

This ad tells the viewer about the drivetrain, interior & body. It lets them know that it runs & drives & is a clean mostly stock truck.

DONT PUT YOUR ADDRESS IN THE AD. You dont want every Tom Dick & Kari knowing where u live & that you have a priceless Datsun on hand.

I likem to leave my phone #. It gives the viewer a couple of ways to reach me.

Now for the most important part of your ad. PICS Like the saying goes, "A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS" Now on Craigslist you get 4 views in your basic ad. I have seen people with more but I dont know how they do it. When im looking for a vehicle I like to see pics of all sides of the rig, interior shot, & engine shot.

Ex.

downsized_0831001744.jpg

downsized_0831001743b.jpg

This shot shows the rear & the passenger side @ the same time

downsized_0831001743a.jpg

This shot shows both the drivers side & the front

downsized_0831001743.jpg

If I am selling rims or tires I make sure to let the viewer know what size they are. What lug pattern & what they will fit.

Ex. 15x8 Chevy ralleys with 205-60-15 tires with good tread. Came off my Datsun but will fit many other 6- lug 5.5" pattern vehicles Mazda, Chevy, GMC, Nissan, Toyota 4x4, Ford Courier, Isuzu, Dodge D50 & others.

This automaticallyn includes "9" brands of cars in your ad for those that use "search" words (key words)

Pics for tires & rims should show sidewall & a good shot od tread. People like to see the tread :D

Ex.

pathys003.jpg

Ex.

pathys002.jpg

There are more things that can be covered but this is a good basic beginning for a successful ad. Good luck & I hope this helps :D

• Like 14
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug, they use photobucket or whatever just like here, but they use the html code instead of the img code...

I can post pics on Craigs List. But the way ive always done it has onloy 4 available spots. I have seen CL ads with more but I think 4 is plenty. As long as they are the rite on es :cool:

I can post pics on Craigs List. But the way ive always done it has onloy 4 available spots. I have seen CL ads with more but I think 4 is plenty. As long as they are the rite on es :cool:

Doug, lemmy splain this lil easier then lol..

Where you type up your ad. put the html code in there... like where you type your ratsun text and put the img codes...

Good write-up. :cool:

Damn shame no one's gonna read it or abide by it... :P

Its not for people to "abide by" Its a basic template to help those who are not quite sure how to write up ad & want to sell there Stuff as quick as possible. It also helps alleviate dozens of emails & calls with Questions that should already be answered in the ad.

Its not for people to "abide by" Its a basic template to help those who are not quite sure how to write up ad & want to sell there Stuff as quick as possible. It also helps alleviate dozens of emails & calls with Questions that should already be answered in the ad.

I was just making a joke about how dumb most people's ads are. :cool:

It would be awesome if everyone read this and acted accordingly. And it sucks that they probably won't. :P

Thanks for taking the time to do it though. :thumbup:

Haha I like how you only listed your own there qwik but let's be real here, there's great examples all over the place, just a's long as they're descriptive and have the basics with some good pictures and your set.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

on the note of pictures being of such value... there is alot of truth to this. i upload all kinds of shit to photobucket. posting the html code on a CL ad makes a full size picture pop up wherever you choose to stick it in the order of your ad... i know its kinda a dick-move, but i write the title in all caps so that it stands out among all the other CL ads. i dont think your supposed to, but ive never gotten called out on it... ALSO, if people are comparing multiple of the same item, ALL CAP ad titles help them to remember YOURS. :geek:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...