SU Carbed KA24E Finally Running

510can

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the flanges made at a local machine shop that builds all sorts of crazy things.

But alas the bad news, the engine has a blow head gasked :)... Oh well another days of work for me :).

Another quick question I have is about my head, I'm not sure how I missed this at first, but does anyone know if this is the FWD Stanza head?

Cause I know the s13 heads don't have the dizzy mount back there like this one in the pics below.

218143_10150182309477277_548937276_6509841_1727343_n.jpg

208777_10150182309532277_548937276_6509843_5351368_n.jpg

Any interest in selling any of those flanges? :P

I only had one set made, Im sure I can have my guy here make them for me no problem. Thing is if he only makes one it will be like almost $90 bucks a flange (Exhaust Flange), the carb flanges are of course cheaper since their smaller.

Where is if he gets like an order for 5 or 7 they will be cheaper. You know the usual hehe.

Another quick question I have is about my head, I'm not sure how I missed this at first, but does anyone know if this is the FWD Stanza head?

Cause I know the s13 heads don't have the dizzy mount back there like this one in the pics below.

That's there on all the heads. That's how they line-bore the cam journals. ;)

218143_10150182309477277_548937276_6509841_1727343_n.jpg

208777_10150182309532277_548937276_6509843_5351368_n.jpg

I had this mess with me YEARS ago on the first valve cover gasket I did on one of these engines. I couldn't get the valve cover to fall on to the back of the engine, even though it was straight in the front. Confused the shit out of me.

Sucks to hear about your head gasket. But on the bright side...No EFI BS to get in your way.

Doesn't the truck use a distributor too?. mounted in the same spot as any rwd?

I actually think it's a newer rwd stanza head like philcas1987 mentioned above.

No one said anything about a Stanza. And I'm pretty sure any Stanza that had a KA in it was wrong wheel drive.

Truck's dizzy is up front like yours.

No one said anything about a Stanza. And I'm pretty sure any Stanza that had a KA in it was wrong wheel drive.

Truck's dizzy is up front like yours.

This was my question http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30773-su-carbed-ka24e-finally-running/page__view__findpost__p__461443

This is the reply http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30773-su-carbed-ka24e-finally-running/page__view__findpost__p__461497

So I kinda took it as he mean it's a stanza head but a rwd one hehe.

Replaced the KA oil pump shaft and distributor from an L series. The Distributor runs with a petronix unit :)... Just had to make some custom brackets to mount the dizzy in.

There's another option, too. The L20b dizzy mount pops right into the KA24E front cover. You just have to drill and tap two new holes. ;)

There's another option, too. The L20b dizzy mount pops right into the KA24E front cover. You just have to drill and tap two new holes. ;)

I was thinking about doing that at first. But brackets were so simple to make, and I don't want to uglyfie my timing cover with holes hehe. The KA comes with enough useless bolt holes in it as it is. (Weight reduction LOL)