SU Carbed KA24E Finally Running

510can

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Finally! How did you figure out the dizzy?

Replaced the KA oil pump shaft and distributor from an L series. The Distributor runs with a petronix unit :)... Just had to make some custom brackets to mount the dizzy in.

You know whats funny, my sister lives in Grants Pass.

Replaced the KA oil pump shaft and distributor from an L series. The Distributor runs with a petronix unit :)... Just had to make some custom brackets to mount the dizzy in.

so what oil drive shaft did you use? ive heard it had to be the one from an l24?

do you have any up close pics of the brackets and whatnot for the distributor mount?

also, do you have any pictures of the intake you built?

I have an l20b and a l24, and I compared the oil drive shaft and oil pump and they are both the same. So either one will work.

The distributor other than one using a 6 prong cap and the other one a 4 prong cap is the same thing, except I run a petronix unit in my distributor.

As for the intake manifold it is the simplest thing in the world. I had a KA intake flange and two SU flanges cut out of mild steel, then I took some steel piping cut the right angles. Welded it all together, took and old l24 throttle linkage shortened it and walla, oh and I stuck a balancing tube between them hehe.

206985_10150154064787277_548937276_6396124_3617184_n.jpg

217226_10150179886987277_548937276_6491656_4820233_n.jpg

199654_10150154064747277_548937276_6396123_3723267_n.jpg

207155_10150179887027277_548937276_6491657_8244128_n.jpg

Ok, Im going back to the garage now to get this puppy fully running, I will take pictures of Distributor brackets, and throttle linkage :)

So these are mild steel and not aluminum?

Re-read it a couple of times now,, and i will have to say this is something alot of us could do..Cuz when i first watched video i thought it was Aluminum which (( for me )) is something completely out of the question. thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif

Edited by bananahamuck

I only ask cause I plan on runnin twin Weber SideDrafts on a Ka that i have sitting at my house, but that's all down the road some time! And maybe a super charger too, mmmmmmmm... :P

Well,

I got most of the bugs and kinks worked out today :), painted the manifold with some wrinkle finish spray paint, and got it running pretty nicely.

The exhaust is still unhooked have to buy a flange :), and do to the fact that I have no idea where to buy a throttle cable here in San Diego I didn't get to drive it yet hehe.

But here is an updated video of it running much smoother, and my search for a throttle cable tomorrow starts in the morning once again :)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsShb76tW0o

By N/A I meant Carbed, I'm a dummie though and thought N/A = Carbed but am probably wrong lol.

N/A=Naturally Aspirated (Carb'd or Fuel injection.)

F/I= Forced induction (Booseted, Turbo'd, Blown. Charged. Nitrous Infected.)

EFI=Electronic Fuel Injection

:hmm: