Questions about getting T shirts made for my pinstriping business.

I figured some of you might know where I could get some made or maybe where I could get a good price on some since a lot of you own businesses, organize car shows, ect.

I'm pretty sure I want to go with a digitally printed shirt since I only need a small quantity, maybe 5 tops. Is the quality of the print any worse than the traditional screen printing? Quite a few years back we had shirts made for my band which turned out horrible but i think it was because an iron on.

If you have any insight let me know.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For 5 prints, It would be better to find a local DTG (direct to Garment )printer. And also they have improved Heat Transfer (Iron On, but using commerical grade Heat Press, not a iron). Id be willing, but dont have 16k to buy a DTG Printer

If its going to be like the image in your signature line, then a digital image would be best. Screen printers can do 4 color process but most wont do less that a few dozen shirts.

Larry

This on a white shirt. I made it with screen printing in mind. I want it to be simple and straight to the point.

tshirt3.png

For such a small quantity you should use www.zazzle.com they do digital printing and it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg!

Another option would be to go to your local arts and crafts store, and buy some water base textile ink for screening (about $12). Than just stripe them yourself like you would anything else in your own style, then heat set with an iron and your set. That's what almost all my striping buddies do. This way people get to actually see your work everywhere you go, because you're actually wearing a sample.

Yet another option is thermal bond vinyl (it's what is use for names on sports jerseys). It's very similar to a diecut decal, except you iron it on to any t-shirt or sweatshirt of your choice, and you're good to go. They usually run about $10-$15 each (+ whatever shirt you iron it on to), depending on the size you need. It's very tough stuff and lasts for a long time. I make all of the shirts for my vinyl graphics biz with it and I love it. If you're interested, let me know.