B 210 motors?

NWOleman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L20B makes the B210 fly... for cheap. Bolts right in if you find the right crossmember (610?)

Yes, it's a "bolt-in" with a 610 crossmember. Those aren't too easy to find though. ;)

With a 510 oil pan and slightly modified 510 engine mounts, it's a good fit.

and use the B210 auto driveshaft.

I'm starting to think this is a myth. I've heard this many times, but my B210 auto sure looks like it has the small-spline input, not the larger L-series input. I'm swapping out the auto next week, so I'll know for sure then. :D

I'm starting to think this is a myth. I've heard this many times, but my B210 auto sure looks like it has the small-spline input, not the larger L-series input. I'm swapping out the auto next week, so I'll know for sure then. :D

Not a myth. :P

Yes, it's a "bolt-in" with a 610 crossmember. Those aren't too easy to find though. ;)

With a 510 oil pan and slightly modified 510 engine mounts, it's a good fit.

I have a 610...when I attempted to install the L20 with the 510 oil pan and engine brackets/ mounts it would not sit on the chassis correctly...the pan would rub on the steering linkage and the steel brackets would not sit on the rubber mounts I had to use the 610 oil pan and engine brackets! So I don't know if things would be different with the B210 chassis.

If anything to avoid searching for a crossmember...cut off the stock brackets and weld you own mounts after you center the block and transmission to your liking on the crossmember! :cool:

I have a 610...when I attempted to install the L20 with the 510 oil pan and engine brackets/ mounts it would not sit on the chassis correctly...the pan would rub on the steering linkage and the steel brackets would not sit on the rubber mounts I had to use the 610 oil pan and engine brackets! So I don't know if things would be different with the B210 chassis.

Yes, 510 and 610 definitely don't mix and match. The sump is shaped differently on them. As is the 620 pan. Even though they all look kinda similar. :P

Since the 510 is the smallest sump of the 3, I would start there if you can't find a 610 crossmember.