Just got a 620

uieluck

Bought a 1975 620 last night for $900,, I really had my mind set on paying $800, but overall it's in alright shape. After the Trooper pulled me over for no taillights,,,,, followed by a fuse fix, I made the trek from Salida to Denver (140 miles) through mountain passes at night with no issues except a flat 1 mile from my house. Overall it's in pretty decent shape, it's got some surface rust. I plan on getting this little dude into a daily driver. Anyway, good fun.

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question? Now that I have this sucker, I'd like to replace the seat that is full on 3" too high and full on angled 10º too forward. The bench seat is outta a 87'-89' Ford Taurus, the only thing worth a shizzle is the seat belts. I searched Ratsun to see if there was a thread all about seat choices etc. No dice.. So I'm considering finding an original bench seat to toss back into the cab. Thoughts? Opinions?

BTW, I'm 6'2" 200pds so the more room the cab/seat could offer the better. I saw this thread Seat Link My main concern is COMFORT and SAFETY,,, Brides and Sparcos are toats to the awesome power, but I think I'll leave those for my goon, however I'm open to suggestions. You think these would bolt? Nissan Seats.

Thanks guys..

There is a 620 long bed at the Aurora you pull and pay with the bench seat. I really didn't check the condition.

Darrel, you're the man beyond men! Thanks big biggings. That's a hike for us Arvada boys, but it beats getting parts from Cali!

There is a 620 long bed at the Aurora you pull and pay with the bench seat. I really didn't check the condition.

Darrel, went to U-Pull It today,, that 620 bench seat was beyond "worked". However, I totally scored on some 620 outer window squeegies and some 720 seats. Thanks again, for the heads up!

Darrel, went to U-Pull It today,, that 620 bench seat was beyond "worked". However, I totally scored on some 620 outer window squeegies and some 720 seats. Thanks again, for the heads up!

More than word.Very nice car.

You know how it is, if you're not looking for something you just kind of look over it. Glad you found the squeegees and 720 seats so it wasn't a total loss.

You pull and pay has online inventory you can check. They have several locations, denver, aurora and colorado springs. You just need to check datsun as well as nissan in the search.

your little one making sure there is enough space for all the toys they plan to load in the truck?

I have two Datsuns a 70' Goon and 75' 620 and the kiddo is completely obsessed with both. He could care less about our other two cars. Sometimes when I'm in the garage working, he'll sit in the wagon drivers seat (while bouncing on the stock seat) for 45mins-1hr. Nannies need to forget about jumpy castles,, just get kids old Datsuns!

• 4 weeks later...

So I have had the 620 for a little over a month... And I have come across an engine (maybe ignition) GREMLIN. Overall, the truck idles and runs great. However, every so often I'll be cruising down a road (any speed, even the interstate) and I'll loose 100% of all power. It is totally sporadic. Almost like if you would run outta gas. I have put a new fuel pump in and I also replaced a lot of the fuel hoses. It seems to happen, if I hit consistent bumps or man-hole covers.

It doesn't stay dead. Meaning all I hafta do is turn the key on/off position and pop the clutch. And poof, like nothing happened.

I know it's not the battery, cause that checks out, but I was thinking it was the ignition coil or something screwy. The wiring for the ignition has be reworked (not in a good way) pre-me, but could this be the culprit

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks, T—

Check the fusable link?? That might be it.

By the way, did You save or toss the old stock fuel pump? Those are getting rare for restoration jobs. I am hoping that one day rebuild kits will be available. I hate the look of todays pressed fuel pumps but what are You gonna' do??

Also besides the rare battery hold down, Your truck came with the air filter to cowl piece and fan shroud!! Very hard to find items. Most owners tossed them for some reason. Another item tossed is the plastic battery tray. I buy every one that I find (as well as fan shrouds). That is the reason that a lot of Our trucks have rusted out battery stands and inner fenders from battery acid. If Your truck doesn't have a plastic tray, find one and replace it ASAP.

Good luck with Your build!!

Wide14u & Steroid, thanks for the gestions, I'll do some electrical shoveling. Steroid sorry man I did the naughty, I pitched it. A KA is in-store soon, so it didn't blip on the brain. Yes, the replacement pumps,,, pump-a-rump and the look gay too. Thanks for the heads up on the cowl and the battery tray.

I did manage to get some 15" wheelies for the disc brake conversion.

IMG_7020.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg