New owner of a Datsun that floats--->

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Javin- you guys are invited to the river anytime.

Ben- No radiator & your correct. It sucks water up through the intake then shoots it back out of the boat through a big hose... thats what kools the motor. It runs about 125 degrees according to Daniel [PO].

• Like 1

Well as some of you guys know my family moved to AZ. I had a [so called] friend tow the Sundance 16 behind his truck. About 2 hours into a 6 hour trip the boat decides to come off the ball & slam into the reciever thus bending the tounge & making it untowable. I had to leave it on the side of the road in Brawley CA & go back the next day w/ help from my new boss & winch it onto his wide trailer. The plans are to make a new trailer using the existing axle & leafs. Heres the rescue team..Tony Steroid & Rich...

xelmjm.jpg

• Like 1

That was a good trade for both of you guys. You just moved to BHC so that's the good part for you.

Daniel now has a goon so he might finally be cool enough to park next to my goon. :lol:

• Like 1

John yeah we both like our ends of the deal & i know Daniel will enjoy the wagon as i will the boat.

HOLY CRAP!!! The trailer came unhitched? Is everyone ok? Is the boat ok? Wow. I towed that thing all the way to Laughlin and back without any issue.

Yeah nobody was harmed except i had a mini heart attack. Ill get a pic of the tounge..shes warped bad.

Theres a crossbeam that broke which caused the trailer to flex & come unhitched.

We hoisted it off the new trailer onto a rolling cart. At my new job we'll build a NEW trailerusing just the axle & fenders. & while its on the rack i decided to prep it for a new paint job...details & pix soon...

fk00ll.jpg

foqfdc.jpg

• Like 1

John yeah we both like our ends of the deal & i know Daniel will enjoy the wagon as i will the boat.

Yeah nobody was harmed except i had a mini heart attack. Ill get a pic of the tounge..shes warped bad.

Theres a crossbeam that broke which caused the trailer to flex & come unhitched.

We hoisted it off the new trailer onto a rolling cart. At my new job we'll build a NEW trailerusing just the axle & fenders. & while its on the rack i decided to prep it for a new paint job...details & pix soon...

fk00ll.jpg

foqfdc.jpg

It looks to me like Mark in the right place. Your going to have a blast out there.

• Like 1

Thanks John cant wait to drop her in the water. You'll have to come out for some river fun & a bbq soon while it's still just 105 :pirate:

Ahoy indeed my friend !

ok heres how the tounge looks now..

20st9w7.jpg

& the busted crossbeam...

og9vs2.jpg

we have a jet ski trailer that we'll modify to fit the Sundance for the summer here soon.

& i stayed late @ work & shot some color / flakes....white base w/ abalone flake over that buried under 2 coats of clear...

2zgvxug.jpg

it has 4 different colors in it...

33ejwx3.jpg

• Like 1

What are you doing at your new job? Maybe give them a plug here on ratsun if it is vehicle related :) You never know what some of us could need.

Bodywork,,painting,,welding. Ill start a new thread re; my new job :cool:

Today we started fabbing a new throttle bracket so the linkage will cycle fully. It's alluminum....

xaq4n4.jpg

& i want to run my small Grant 500 wheel so using the center section of the old wheel my boss welded a round part to it & we'll drill & tap the 3 holes for the 10mm bolts...

2mor02x.jpg

& an out in the sun shot...

2re5vfc.jpg

• Like 1