Roadster?????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool.

I don't know of you'll be able to get your hands on one but Leafs just got recalled.

Some 2014s had a bunch of missing welds.

Nissan will be giving the customers new cars rather than repair them.

This is going to be rad.

I couldn't find any recall information except on a seat sensor but from what I read they are recalling a million cars for that same problem and it doesn't seem to affect many Leafs.  The dude I borrowed the motor from got his for 7500 and has sold 1500 bucks of parts already.  I'm sure by the time I'm ready to buy the car they will be even cheaper.  I want only a 2011 or 12 because they have the higher output motor.  

Apparently the battery pack just falls out. Who knew?

That's not a safety concern at all.

Didn't see that anywhere, after seeing how it is fastened I can't imagine it falling out either, it's in there!  

Still need to add some important features such as the parking brake switch deal and the main wiring exit.   Couldn't resist adding it into the Solidworks model of the narrowed S13 suspension.  I think it's 6" narrower than stock maybe 8" I forget.   This was more of a "prof of concept" it will get fine tuned as the weeks and months go by.  

leaf+motor+in+s13+suspension+1.JPG

leaf+motor+in+s13+suspension+2.JPG

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Slow and steady that's how this project is going to get done.  I keep adding to the assemblies and drawings.  Today since it was sunny I started drawing the engine bay and the underside of the car.  I didn't get as far as I wanted but I did get enough done to see if the Leaf motor would fit in the front.  My dream is AWD  mmmhhh 420 foot pounds of torque :)  It looks like the front motor will fit too!!!!   Since the weather is looking bad till this weekend I'm not going to be able to finish the underside of the drawing, damn!  So I figured I'd have to post at least this one picture for now!!

The big square hole is the actual "tranny tunnel" that the PO enlarged for the straight 6 he was going to install into it.  I'm sure it's kinda hard to tell what you are looking at..  haha  I haven't colored anything or finished the engine bay.  basically we are looking at it from the front.  

Leaf+all+wheel+drive.PNG

• Like 3