Roadster?????

We picked up this 66 roadster on Saturday. The PO started a L28 swap but just didn't have the time to finish it. We have other plans and since the car has already been under the knife we don't feel bad cutting anything :) Well as for now you can just let your imagination wonder while looking at the first set of pics.

IMG_20110402_154440.jpg

IMG_20110402_165825.jpg

IMG_20110402_165848.jpg

IMG_20110402_165859.jpg

IMG_20110402_165914.jpg

IMG_20110402_165940.jpg

IMG_20110402_170000.jpg

IMG_20110402_193940.jpg

IMG_20110402_205134.jpg

IMG_20110402_205205.jpg

IMG_20110402_231115.jpg

IMG_20110403_002727.jpg

IMG_20110403_002746.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA that would be nice! After having a few roadsters I know a bit more what would be nice to have in one. Reverse would be a nice start, that got really old :) Hopefully this one will turn out sweet!

STOP stealing stuff from the black 68... :lol:

That thing will be cool with the VG in it slammed with some wide ass JDM wheels you should be able to recycle the slotted mags for a good bit but dont run them on there they look horrible IMO, I never really liked the slotted mags anyway but thats just me... ;)

STOP stealing stuff from the black 68... :lol:

That thing will be cool with the VG in it slammed with some wide ass JDM wheels you should be able to recycle the slotted mags for a good bit but dont run them on there they look horrible IMO, I never really liked the slotted mags anyway but thats just me... ;)

Yeah slots are icky! They really look bad on this car too. It's gotta have some better wheels.

haha The VG was just a for fun test fit. There is NO room for an alternator or much of anything else in the narrow engine bay. We are going to work on the suspension first.

Yeah slots are icky! They really look bad on this car too. It's gotta have some better wheels.

haha The VG was just a for fun test fit. There is NO room for an alternator or much of anything else in the narrow engine bay. We are going to work on the suspension first.

I rock slots.

:fu:

Should have some more pics tonight if we get the next stage done. Thought it would have been last night but ran out of torch fluid :) haha

I rock slots. :fu:

I mean yucky on a car with flares where the wheels are sunk in 4" I think they look awesome on your car. I was actually thinking about putting them on the gobstopper so we could be twins but that would require investing in non truck tires. :)

never been a big fan of these roadsters so I'm very excited to see an Icehouse version, if anyone can make them look cool it's you!

I've always liked the roadster but haven't seen any that looked all that cool. They always look tipsy to me. Never low enough and they never put well fitted rims on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since my last update we've cut the frame to shit! Who knows how much of the original one will be left..... Either way the PO already started cutting it by removing the X part of the frame. So we didn't feel to bad cutting the rest of it up :) So while the frame is getting it's makeover we decided to set the body on some blocks and jam some wood under it so it would look cool for the time being.

IMG_20110420_173320.jpg

IMG_20110420_183816.jpg

IMG_20110419_221340.jpg

IMG_20110419_221359.jpg

That is going to be our goal height! Hopefully it will be at next Canby!

• Like 1