On advice from counsel name withheld till further notice.

Got my collector plate in the mail woohoo! driving around tonight FTW .. If i could log into photobucket i would show you.or if i knew how to post pictures from flickr or why picassa wont let me upload but maybe some other time.

finally..........check it out there is only 2 numbers under envelope

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ201.jpg

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tried my hand at drifting today ..i think i did pretty good, car looks different in video because of lens filter i used.

Cool filter .... .. :lol: ....... . . it would be hard to do that with a one horsepower motor on the same cart ..... . I think this measurement system is skewed .... :huh:

....... nice work on the 510 too ........ :cool: ......... I never knew you were so young ........ :lol: .... . .you can hardly see over the steering wheel

biggrin.gif

OK thats enough horsing around ,

Made a air filter fit the car, since i used a Weber that was not ment for car i had to cut original holder for a 81 ford mustang 2.3 and used a filter for a 73 Maverick Grabber and this is how it turned out..

Odd shaped air horn

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TO BIG

Cut off sides

And thats it I was hoping i could find a much taller filter to give it a more dirt track look but maybe in the future..And i had filter on hand.

What? To far? tongue.gif

Anyway went for a ride today and i haven`t put shifter boot on or sealed up hole where autoshifter came through i can smell pretty much everything the car has to offer. But on the way to store to get gas, i could smell burning rubber like smell but it kinda went away the farther i drove. Them when i got home i checked under car and the exhaust clamps i was using as "spring holder upper deals "was hitting the raised lettering on tire.I had to break down and fix it right so i cut a 2" pipe and clamped the collar on strut and tacked it now it is done... For now

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ202-1.jpg

Funny thing is the after picture looks even closer, but it`s just the angle

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ207.jpg

....Also needed a rear view for the drivers door and the door i got had mirrors that hung from top but for the life of me i dont know where they are, Sooooo i had a stock one but the original holes were huge so welded those up and drilled new ones.

.......Little by little i am going farther and farther away from house

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ205-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ206-1.jpg

AND oh look the mail man is coming UP THE DRIVEWAY!!

no.giffrantics.gifno.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ204-1.jpg

laugh.giflaugh.gif

It`s all good my albino brother.

Just google maps the address you sent that to ---she gave up on me a looooong time ago.And the way my fifteen year old ( well almost 16 ) just went right to it , that`s because he doesn`t know anything else.

I ordered a magazine on ebay once and it took a month and a half just to leave Cleveland main post office

Fitted my ignition today and tonight, ebay switch was to small to fit so i had to grind it out. Can start car from drivers seat and having owned/ drivin alot of beaters it is probably the most important thing to be able to do..Now if i could find somebody to actually fix the tire that keeps going flat every three hours i will be in fat city..

This ignition has apparently seen a screw driver before.

Half way done.. ..........so fuzzy it makes my head hurt

Alfred Hitchcock im not

Think im going to have to Cheech and Chong wipers but like Datsun freak eluded to it never rains in Oregon in the summertime..

And i love my mini-lite type wheels ---------the tires not so much.

Ok didn`t want to try straighten door and fender and have primer on it anyway so i thought about painting front wheel red and using it for a sun in a flag mural. Then i thought thats probably been done SOOO i decided to do a Japanese dragon. After quick research i found a cool one but it was way to small, so i copied it off then traced it onto 1/4 square paper,,then went down to Kinkos Fedex ?? and had the dude ( and i really mean THE dude ) make it 1/2 but that wasn`t big enough so we went to 3/4 and stuck it to car and and cut it out ...... here are some pictures not done yet but most of the hard work is done

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ226.jpg

Original oicster

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ227.jpg

Traced onto 1/4 grid paper and the 1/2 inch inlargement

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ229.jpg

Now that may be just big enoughlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ230.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ231.jpg

Cheapest paint i could find at hardweird store

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ233.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ232.jpg

Have my wiper housings soaking so i have to wait for some paint to dry..

SOOO, now the thread is starting for real because as of yesterday Sunday June 12th 2011

SLAM-DUNK- WENT!

And for all you owners that used an excuse to have not at least limped your Datsun there twofinger_salute.giftwofinger_salute.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guest 510kamikazifreak

And for all you owners that used an excuse to have not at least limped your Datsun there twofinger_salute.giftwofinger_salute.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amen....

Clutch , then a motor install

need I say more :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

As i was on my break as swimming pool lifeguard / full contact fight referee, i took some pictures for a local car show that requires pre-registration pics. And because alot of stuff was pushed back in order for this to get done it`s probably going to stay just like this till winter..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ255.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ252.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ258.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ257.jpg

Also if yer thinking about getting a house get one with a small yard cuz mowing a huge yard is.................

ok, i yelled at the boys till they mowed it, but i still had to "watch" them..laugh.giflaugh.gif

Now watch this video i found........not mine...and Chinese not Japanese.. but good theme for this car..biggrin.gif

http://vimeo.com/19285550

• 1 month later...

wasn`t going to work on car but the gauges i had on cowl were getting to be a pain in the neck ,, had to re-ziptie every time i opened hood. So i bought some electrical type gauges so i would not have to put any holes in car..The radio spot was already wrecked from someone putting goofy huge stereo, so i made a plate and wha-lah ..........inside gauges. I know not much but it does solve that problem.

BEFORE

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA069.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA070.jpg

AFTER

Notice lack of dangling wires and shit hanging all over the god damn floor boards..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA071.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA074.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA073.jpg

Next thing is pertronix but i need to get different distributor...so send this thread to page 6 again.laugh.gif

• 3 months later...

Traded out my wide summer tires for some slightly skinnier winter type tires today. Now i can put fattys in a undisclosed location known only to a associate of the firm Ernst and Whinney.tongue.gif.And this way i dont have to wash off wheels every frickin day to keep them from becoming a mess ...Although my wife calls it a nerd mobile with the Skinnier wheels ,,To that i say " So what who cares "

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa77777777777003.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa77777777777002.jpg

My son getting ready for test drive

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa77777777777005.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa77777777777006.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa77777777777004.jpg

Little bit of dog-doo in tire that i like to use instead of lead weights to balance tires, because being environmentally responsible is up to all of us.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa77777777777007.jpg

laugh.gif

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So the snow build-up sliding down the trunk overnight updated my car ..Broke the Emblem off..and removed my Ratsun sticker off the window..

CRAP!!

datsun521074.jpg

Was going to go to the store to get some pop..but this is as far as my skinny tires got me..So much for that idea.. At least i made it back to my parking spot..wink.gif

datsun521075.jpg

datsun521073.jpg