On advice from counsel name withheld till further notice.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsunfreak, that would be nice if it was glue cuz i know if it`s mold the integrity of headliner is shot, which would/ does suck.

Played around this morning making a linkage thingamabob because carb doesn`t have removable nut. I started with a rectangle-uluur piece of metal cut a chunk off , but it was to wide so i had to cut and re weld. Then i drilled four holes a tiny bit bigger than shaft and ground out between to make a slot, like original had . I then welded it to carb ( that was still full of gas ) huh.gif and that solves that problem. Couldn`t grind/ clean up welds because carb never came off car ......live with it.

..Oh, I used boxed because that way i could use alot lighter metal and still have the strength.

Piece of exercise machine

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now just have to make some kind of bump stop on firewall so it wont over rotate..

More cheap workmanship ahead if ya aint got the stomach for it please click away NOW !!

Im building this to be cheap and on that note i am going to be putting most of the money spent on brakes and engine, so i made me an exhaust out of scrap today.Going through "the hole" would take either to much time or money so it exits out in front of drivers side rear tire..IMSA style baby

Started with this pile of crap..and, what i think was a galvanized fence post

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ156.jpg

ended up with this ( completely sealed ) pile of crap.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ154.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ155.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ157.jpg

probably gonna rain tomorrow so i will be able to get radiator in and some engine wiring done

And shot i had of my son from a few years ago..........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ153.jpg

• Like 2

Got radiator in, soldiered some of the wires together for alternator then went to put alternator on and DOH!

oics are after radiator was back out but still..Funny i left bolt loose to remind me and everything, blink.gif cuz this happens to me almost every time blink.gif

Anyway that`s how my day went.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ159.jpg

monkey.jpg

Well me and my son were headed up to pick up some parts for this project and thought we would take his bronco II. We got as far as the truck stop by yonder freeway and heater core starts really leaking. So we go back load all the tools and whatnot into 280zxt and got as far as Oly when the volts start reading lower, and lower then crap it`s like 12.3 anyway so much for napa quality since alternator was put in just prior to Carls jr meet.

heres some video of our trip dry.gif

messing with my wife who has towed more vehicles than most people ever will before we were even out of high school.

Hey but at least it aint raining so we might as well run battery dead with radio........................no not that RADIO

CRAP

Setup rear for height today.. left camera in garage and once burglar hurter is set it`s a scary bitch to unset in the dark so didn`t want to .......i wanted to run 215x60x13 tires and cant seem to find any that size ( since my rears will need to be replaced )and dont want to run two different sizes front to back. anybody know a source.

Funny thing i punched that tire size into Google and American racing tire sells them ,and they actually look like street type tread, so im stoked and start trying to find a dealer and it`s a Australian only companyblink.gif LoL

So how low can the fronts go without adjusting toe 2" or 3" ? Or not at all.........I probably cant even go 3" because tires are pretty wide but was wondering

Edit..... i did go 3"+ down today but tires were way into the sheet metal on rear.

Lookin good man! a real rat, put together with spare parts and some ingenuity. I like the mini lites too.

Although the swing arm would have taken less time if i would have just bought and pressed bearings inlaugh.gif..The yellow springs i got from you, made car sit awesome but cant go that low with these tires.

Epic build thread! A little Indiana Jones and everything! An adventure just reading and watching the video's :D

I was thinking more like "The planet of the apes " with Foghorn Leghorn as the astronaut...

AND on that note, quick tip to anyone getting ready to disassemble stock 510 struts..If shaft doesn`t slide right out DO NOT and i mean DO NOT push shaft down into strut and give it a really hard jerk , like a slide hammer .

OLLZ..hyper.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ164-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ165-1.jpg

It`s like when you get done with the garden hose and throw it on the ground and it sprays you in the face..Theres like a 2% chance it can hit the trigger and a 98% chance in will..

Lest this becomes a fail blog and not a build thread..i took some less self-deprecating pictures.. LoL

Pulled it out to do quick shop clean and i think this is the height im going with for now. I would like to go a little lower and roll the fenders but.. I am afraid if i drop to much it will settle to low and i will have to start over, plus i dont go anywhere without at least one of my kids.Wheels look big but they are only 13" s

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ169-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ172-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ174-1.jpg

The thermostat didn`t open while i was checking voltage regulator, and figuring out wiring so i hope i didn`t blow head gasket sad.gif Temp only got to about 200 because there was no radiator cap on, so water gushing out to of radiator got me to turn engine off pretty fast.

But in better news brakes are done now i just have to wait for collector plates to come in mailsmile.gif

Changed out all rubbers and everything, but master cyl that is 8 days (( ?? )) out so rebuilt the best one i have works great for now but it will be nice to get NEW one on there..

ME = very happy

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ176-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ177-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ178-1.jpg

No front pictures for some reason..

shock-socket.gif

Finished the brake / clutch pedals, by welding pad on and drilling holes and running return spring for clutch.Put the door on and test fit fender but still have to drill out broken bolts ,per usual. The door was bought to dry car in so it is kinda dented and whatnot but it will work for now. And the for some reason the gas tank isn`t rusty at all so wont have to clean it out.

pictures and shit

strut lowering devices

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ179.jpg

Finished pedal assemblies ....NOT as crooked looking as picture shows

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ182.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ184.jpg

How many days till Canby?? Cuz damn

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ186.jpg

Dat510,,,,, I dont know how high it was before i started

And crackhead it would seem that i opened my big fat key board before really thinking it over..biggrin.gif

Finished up a bunch of small crap today like removing broken fender bolts, putting gas tank in, replacing park brake cables, and just generally going over all bolts under car for tightness.

Also the headlight ring was broken and i thought no sweat i will just use one 521,620, or maybe the 200sx. BUT the legs on the ring are alot longer so i had to reweld them back together

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ193.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ194.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ195.jpg

Busted ring

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ197.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ196.jpg

After welding ...light was out when i welded it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ199.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ198.jpg

That 70s anti gas theft thing

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ191.jpg