Project "Parts Car" Resurrection

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i'm driving it all the way to Cali for the JCCS. I'm totally stoked about it. I just spent a small fortune getting the transmission rebuilt, because it's been a thorn in my side from day one. It should be good to go now. I'm gonna rebuild the rest of the front end before the trip too, just for safety sake. I also have a brake line that has a tiny crack/leak I gotta replace asap, before it causes a wreck. Lol

Ok, I put a pair of cut down stock 510 springs in the rear of my dime. It sits at a perfect stance now in my opinion, the back tires are tucked a couple inches and the car sits prefectly level from front to back and it's just high enough to keep it functional for a daily driver.

Here's my problem........ Now when I drive it, it has a horrible vibration through the entire car! The tires aren't rubbing, so i'm wondering if my rear axles need rebuilding or something, due to the altered wheel camber, it seems to be worse on hills and during acceleration. HELP!!!! I only have a week to fix this before I drive it to California!

Just as a test, I raised the passenger side back up :( , because that is where it sounded like the vibration was coming from... Low and behold everything stopped vibrating :D . I'm guessing that means that the right rear axle is the culprit for the vibration. I think I'm going to raise the other side back up, for the trip to California, so everything is in "harmony" again for the big drive to the JCCS. :cool: Then I'll drop it back down when I get home. :cool: :cool: I figure it's better to make the trip problem free, then to have mechanical problems ruin a fun trip. ;)

I'm going to bring a couple extra axles with me just in case I have problems though. :P

Last night I finally got off my ass and installed my carpet kit, it had to be done before the trip to Cali for the JCCS, so here are the before and after photos....

before, front :sick:

interior1.jpg

before, back :sick:

interior2.jpg

after, front :D

interior3.jpg

after, back :D

interior4.jpg

I spent about 4 hours or so, from start to finish including vacuuming up the nasty dirt and stuff on the floor. I'm really happy with the finished product. :D

Wow your car has come a LONG way since you got it. Great build pics! Hope you have a safe and fun trip to JCCS!!

Be sure to put down some floor mats. I hear the material he uses isn't very durable. No offence to Mario, the kit looks great, just saying.

Jester: Are you referring to them not being durable if running without floor mats or all together? I only ask because I haven't heard anyone tell me they haven't been durable. I am running my carpet kit on both my 510's and haven't had any problems, then again I am running floor mats just because I don't personally like how any car looks like without mats. Besides that the kits have held up really well on my cars and everyone local that's been running them as well...just saying.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the trip and the show :D I just installed my 8 Track stereo system too. LOL... I figured it went well with the theme ;) Now I'll finally have some tunes to listen to for the drive to Cali... I can't wait to see everyone at the JCCS. ONLY 7 MORE DAYS!!! Yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about.

I almost forgot... If there isn't a photo it didn't happen, lol... So here's a OIC of the stereo. It's a sorta foggy pic for some reason though, but here it is anyway.

stereoinstalled.jpg

Quick update...we're 4 hours from Las Vegas, we pulled over to take some killer oic's and BLAMO!!! we cut a tire down. Oic's will be up tonight. The Datto is performing awesome though. Oh yeah..., New Mexico roads suck in a lowered car. Bam bam slam slam all night long. Lol