Project "Parts Car" Resurrection

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, i'm looking for some beauty rings for the rims. I found that mid-eightys cavalier beauty rings fit perfectly. I only have one though. It's on the drivers side rear wheel. I'm gonna try to find some center caps to fit em' too.

Yeah, the body is pretty strait, but has been hit in the passenger side doors at some point. There is bondo in them and the doors close tighter on that side, but hey... It's a Ratsun car. I'm planning to DD the wheels off it, so I don't care that it has a lil bondo in it. It's just a battle scar. Lol

Well... I can't catch a break :( ... I was driving the car today and the trans started slipping, so I pulled into a parking lot and now there is trans fluid running out of the vent / inspection cover on the bottom of the transmission. I topped off the trans and finished driving it home, so it doesn't seem like there's any real damage other than the leak. I'm hoping it's just the seal in the front of the transmission or that the drain plug on the converter fell out. Has anyone else had this happen? :unsure:

Not much to report, but I ordered my new strut inserts today from Rock Auto. I'm going with the VW Rabbit inserts and cut down my strut bodies to fit em'. If that doesn't lower my front end, nothing will. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm doing pretty good. My Datto is my "secret" physical therapy. Lol... Thanks for asking, I gotta make sure it's reliable before I drive it to the JCCS this summer. My doctor took off my arm brace restriction last week, but I still have a TWO POUND weight restriction for my left arm, so I gotta be careful.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just got a roof rack for the car :thumbup: and I just got my strut tubes back from the shop, they're all shortened up, welded and ready to assemble. I painted em' up and now i'll be putting em' together and finally get this car slammed to the ground.

RoofRackPhoto.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I finally got my front coil over suspension done!!!

This first pic is the before photo.

struts5.jpg

Here's a few pics I took during the install.

struts1-1.jpg

struts7.jpg

struts4.jpg

struts3.jpg

struts2.jpg

These last two show the new, lower (high setting) with the new struts installed...

struts6.jpg

struts8-1.jpg

You can clearly see there is a huge difference in the tire to fender gap, I think it's a dramatic improvement. I'm really happy with how it turned out. :D I'll be starting to try different setting soon and post more photos soon...

OK, more oic's time....

This first pic is with the suspension all the way down, it would go lower, but my front sway bar is hitting that bar that goes to the front of the frame and stopping it from going any lower, but I gotta say it's pretty damn low!!! If someone can tell me how to get past the sway bar issue, I'll try it.

keyheightfrontsuspension.jpg

this photo is with the suspension set like it is in the above photo...

keyheight2.jpg

These next two OIC's are with the suspension set at about 2 1/2 inches off the ground

key25inches.jpg

key25inchesrear.jpg

So, now I just gotta figure out that binding issue, I also need to know if there's any way to tilt the tires away from the struts a little. I've seen some sort of spacer thing under the struts on other 510s before, is that what it does? Anyway, once I get the front end issues finished, then it's time to work on the rear :D

Thanks guys... That roof rack is a combo of two rack systems. The part that mounts to the rails is one of those that are like heavy duty pipe for hauling ladders and stuff on a old full size van. It's got cast iron mounts & I had to cut the cross bars way down.

The rack itself I was told, came off a 2001 ford sporttrack pick up. It even came with the lights.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I just got some "new to me" wheels for the car. They are American Racing Turbine wheels, they aren't what I was gonna buy, but I couldn't pass em' up, because the price was OH-SOOOOO-RIGHT..... Soooo.... It's OIC time again

1313609553.jpg

1313598324.jpg

1313598322.jpg

1313598320.jpg

1313598318.jpg

1313598316.jpg

1313598314.jpg

1313598312.jpg

Ok, so there ya have it, more photo for the picture whores, lol... enjoy, I'll try to make the next set of oic's more interesting ;)

that thing looks awesome man. it is partially your fault i'm checking out a roof rack off craigslist this weekend. you should update your sig pic to show your new wheels. you going to fill the front marker holes? its too bad they don't make skull and cross bones ones, cause that would be perfect on your mean little car :P

I decided to change it up a bit and pulled off the roof rack, It'll be back on there before the JCCS though. I took a bunch more photo's too, so here we go again... these pictures are a little better

pose14.jpg

pose3.jpg

pose19.jpg

pose18.jpg

pose17.jpg

pose16.jpg

pose15.jpg

pose13.jpg

pose12.jpg

pose11.jpg

pose10.jpg

pose9.jpg

pose8.jpg

pose7.jpg

pose6.jpg

pose5.jpg

pose4.jpg

pose2.jpg

pose1.jpg

pose20.jpg

I just got done doing these photos, now I just dropped it about four inches, so more pic's to come still... :P