L-Series downpipe flange, 3/8" steel $20 shipped

I will be getting a new Y pipe welded to new down pipes from the (Mikes) flange....how long should the down pipes be?

Shorter...same length?

Y pipe welded directly to flange?

Any benefits to having longer down pipes?

Header.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he made a generic short one then the muffler guy can route a pipe around the torsion bar. Plus added motor shacking ect....

if long it needs to be made sure it dont hit anything.

I think longer runnings are better but ,Dude its onkly a 4 banger!!!!!!

I mounted that set up already...no issues with the torsion bar, although the end of it should be dropped away from cab.

The angle is a little severe to join up with the stock exhaust.

I will most likely get the Y welded directly to the flange.

Although...for another 50 bucks plus...I can gain another 3/4 + - HP.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I might when I put in an order for something else. I've got a ton of cash outstanding right now because of brake kits. I'm not too excited about putting out any more until some of them sell.

I checked on the price...they're going to cost me over twice what the steel ones go for. I'll absorb a chunk of that, but they're still going to be $30 shipped.

Before I drop the funds on this, I'd like to see at least two prepaid orders. I'll have to order 10 of them and I'll probably order 10 more steel ones at the same time, but I don't really have the funds to order more than that. As it is, I've got 11 truck kits, a couple of 411 kits and 18 1200 kits in stock. All my funds are pretty much tied up in that. Anyway.... let's see some serious interest in the SS flange and I'll put in the order. :)

Hi Mike,

I would love to pre pay for one of the flanges if I could....please PM me with instructions and I will send you some cash......Also and off topic, any idea where I could find a H190 rear diff with a 3.90 ratio?

Many thanks,

MV

despite the complete lack of prepays, I ordered 10 SS and 10 steel. I'm heading out now to pick them up. I doubt they're sandblasted this time....that was a "oops" on their part last time that ended up with me getting a bunch of free blasting....pretty sure that won't happen this time. Anyway....I'll be selling 8 of the SS and 9 of the steel. I'll probably bring a couple to canby, but I have no desire to carry them around or keep going back to the truck to get another one. If you want to guarantee that I'll have one at Canby for you, then paypal me the $'s (minus the $5 for shipping) and I'll put your name on one. It will still be up to you to find me during Canby and pick it up.

I have them in hand and will bring most of them to Canby. As I expected, the mild steel ones are not sandblasted...the first ones were not supposed to be either....I'll put a pic up later.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.