Door Mirrors

Besides original stock door side mirrors does anybody have any other links or suggestions you guys run on 510's? I have google'd until I'm goggled for classic mirrors (power) and have found a bunch of crap and searched the forums,, with nothing. I know some peeps run the fender side mirrors, but I like those merely for the reserved Bluebirds etc. Or has anyone fab'd stock ones into power? Ideas? Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not power mirrors but i used a repro 65 mustang/falcon mirror that i had and i think it looks good. They are on ebay all the time for $20 or so. real chromed metal too. better than those cheezy plastic 80's ones.

Awesome idea! Gooder to the good stuff.

The S110s had power adjust side mirrors. I had a set but they were seized up. They weren't a good fit to the 620 door but might be fine on a 510. Come to think of it the S12s had them too.

Your knowledge boggles my membranes sometimes, always teetering on Star(Datsun)Trek nerd level. Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Question for hobbes_the_cat or 74datsun620 or anyone else who may know:

I bought some of the '65 Mustang mirrors (reproduction) and am anxious to install them on my '71 goon. To install the mirrors in the location that you guys have them, did you drill holes and just use sheet metal screws, or did you find a way to bolt through to nuts (and washers) located on the inside of the door?

What I'm finding is that there's a reinforcing bit of sheet metal on the inside of the door right where I want to bolt these in. The angles look off, I'd have to get really long bolts, and there could be clearance issues with the window.

I'm leery to just screw directly into the sheet metal as it's so thin, but maybe that's the way to go? It seems like it would be easy to pull the metal up when tightening the sheet metal screws?

As anyone can understand, I'd like to get this figured out before I drill any holes.

They are not power mirrors but i used a repro 65 mustang/falcon mirror that i had and i think it looks good. They are on ebay all the time for $20 or so. real chromed metal too. better than those cheezy plastic 80's ones.

+1

I put a set of cheap re-pop early mustang mirrors on my 620 ... they are a little small, but they work fine.

I too like that they are made of metal, not plastic, and have a real chrome plate finish. A great way to go!