the guacamole mobile

king bee66

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you manage to get the seeds and junk out of the grate? i tried to blast it out with compressed air but it really didnt work

Mine was a leaky piece of scrap...replaced it today with the heater box out of a 65 Dodge truck...now we cant hijack...

Ooops, your thread anyway, I guess its impossible to hijack your own thread. I tried the compressed air and got most of it off, a good stiff bristle plastic brush helps too. If you know an HVAC guy, ask him to blast it out with nitrogen,it comes out at like 500 psi

probably not as bad as you think. i mean, you can see by the pictures in this thread that my car has been really poorly maintained over the last 35 years and stilll only has a bit of junk in it.

the only pain in the as is lining up all the flaps when putting it back together

eventually im going to have to stop buying shit and start putting my car back together, todays haul came from a '75 710 wagon

YTyLJ.jpg

q2gM0.jpg

near mint rear door cards. their shapes fit my doors fine, but the roller and handle holes are in the wrong spot. shame, may put them up for sale

Td01d.jpg

smoLn.jpg

FJeiS.jpg

not sure why b210s didnt come with these. going to figure out a way to mount them

Those are not bump stops, but are specifically for carrying heavy loads (combination bump stop + overload compressors)

B210 Sedan came with bump stops integrated into the shock stack. B210 Coupe had separate bump stops over the axle -- since Coupe used very small shock mounts the bump stops couldn't be put on the shock.

not sure why b210s didnt come with these. going to figure out a way to mount them

FJeiS.jpg

my b210 has had terrible rear suspension since ive owned it. im guessing that if i installed today, my rearend would rest right up against those rubbers.

anyway, i went back to the junkyard today and grabbed the leafsprings from the 710 wagon. they are just a bit wider and have one more spring then the b210's. im hoping it will stiffen things up

my b210 has had terrible rear suspension since ive owned it. im guessing that if i installed today, my rearend would rest right up against those rubbers.

anyway, i went back to the junkyard today and grabbed the leafsprings from the 710 wagon. they are just a bit wider and have one more spring then the b210's. im hoping it will stiffen things up

I hope not so wide you will have to fab new hangers and shackles? Im not sure of the spring width, and Im not going out to measure meow, but you COULD, if you HAD to, go to Tractor supply, buy a couple of trailer springs the correct width, toss the main spring, and add to your existing spring stack.

I did something similar with the hearse I just sold, Cadillac main leaf with F350 SD 4" lift leaves. Worked really well, gained some stiffness and some lift, cause with the stock Caddy spring, I could hold them compressed with one hand while I leisurely changed center spring bolts...yeah, it was that soft