84 720 kc unusual options?

tngearhead

I'm new here and have purchased an 84 720 kingcab from original owner in middle Tennessee and thought maybe it was alittle under, well different. Don't know much about these little trucks or Nissans at all, but thought maybe someone out there would like to know that something like this exists. Don't know where exactly to start, but I'll give it a shot. The truck is an 84 king cab. DOO-DOO brown with tan interior. It has 144k miles and was bought in Tennessee at Heritage Datsun/Nissan, which is no longer around. It is powered by the 2.4 litre motor and backed by a 5 speed. There are practically no options on the truck. I guess it was ordered that way. There is no A/c or power steering. There is only a driver side mirror on the outside of truck, and no antenna. The interior has roll up windows, no radio, no rear seat in the king cab part and still had plastic in the floorboards when I purchased the thing. From what I have read on some sites it has the early thin style bed with the cheap tie downs. It runs ok, but lacks power that I thought a z motor would have , even after doing a complete tune up.Oh well just thought I'd let someone out there know I had found an unusual creature. I'd like to do something with the truck, but really don't wanna destroy something that may be the last of it's kind.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bed, that's the ONLY way they made them in '84. It wasn't until '85 that they changed the beds to the "American" smooth-sided, internal rail type. And having no A/C or power windows is not unusual- A/C was on less than half the trucks sold, and power windows were a very rare option only on high-optioned vehicles.

yeah its just a base model... but if it has the radio delete door its pretty cool.

I imagine it has no armrests... instead it uses a pull handle to close the door. Your door panels are 2" short from the top of the door, your heater only blows through the middle vent and the side vents pull fresh air, bench seat?

I'll post some pics as soon as I pick up another camera. Mine just seemed to stop working. It does have the radio delete door/compartment. Steve you got it pretty much on the head with the armrests, bucket seats tho. I have the original window sticker to. It was just over $8000 brand new in1984. The only option he paid for was a $200 rear bumper. Who would believe someone would buy/order a truck like this and 27 years later there is still no radio, not even an antenna, or any other add-on? I only wish it had some more get up and go. Saw a turbo kit on ebay about $450. I need to rebuild the entire frontend before I get too carried away with it tho.