DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

I'm Trying!! I'm kickin ass on another order for Motorsport so I can get on the Relay harnesses for the DZ-Start System.

Things are moving faster than expected. (Can you say Expedited Shipping?) Boards are on their way home and I got cases to Machine,

Relay harnesses to build and instructions to write as well as button cables to make.

So if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's cause I'm stuck in the lab, doing the MAD Scientist Routine. Muahahaha :cool:

Dave

Come on Dave, You can doooo eeet!! We're rootin' 4 ya!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude this is Datsun Dave from canby, he has been building datsuns about as long as I have been out of diapers.

sorry ive never been to canby, and woodnt have put 2 and 2 together, alot of ppl put datsun in there sn to seem cool unlike dave who seems to actually be "datsun dave"

my apologies.(dont get used to this)

sorry ive never been to canby, and woodnt have put 2 and 2 together, alot of ppl put datsun in there sn to seem cool unlike dave who seems to actually be "datsun dave"

my apologies.(dont get used to this)

LOL That's great :D My friends started calling me "Datsun Dave" as a way to tease me cause it was all I talked about for a long time.

Then it turned into a way to remember "that guy in the old Datsun" so it kinda stuck, and after 20 years of it, might as well stick with it.

But yes, you're right and I appreciate the comment. Datsuns are my life, my business and what my wife calls "The Mistress in the relationship" haha.

I'll try not to "Get used it" LOL

If you get bored, check out my cardomain pages under DatsunDave07 Here's my Garage page....

you'll find my 70', 72' and 74' Z's http://www.cardomain.com/id/DatsunDave07

Check out the Custom Fuel door on the last page of the 260Z pages. it's gonna be operated by linear actuator.

Dave

Yes. But as a remote option to hiding the supplied micro switch or grounding the Orange security wire to a switch of your own.

It'll allow you to arm it from about 40 feet away. Just aim it at the car and hit the *ON button. when you get back to the car, hit the off button, or even do it inside the car.

Yes. But as a remote option to hiding the supplied micro switch or grounding the Orange security wire to a switch of your own.

It'll allow you to arm it from about 40 feet away. Just aim it at the car and hit the *ON button. when you get back to the car, hit the off button, or even do it inside the car.

If your current alarm key fob has an "AUX" button, can you program it for this feature instead of having another remote on your key chain?

Like mine:

Viper_remote.jpg

The option on most or all remotes, for aftermarket alarms is momentary or Latching. Meaning it will send a signal once, or hold that signal as long as you hold the button. If you have an aftermarket alarm, 99% of them, the good ones, have the "Ground when armed" output wire. Instructions will be supplied showing how to attach the DZ-Start to the alrm, via that wire and a diode that comes with the kit.

Dave

sweet, will you add that to my order?

I dont have an alarm system so itl be nice to have encase some one where to find the micro switch.

2eDeYe' date='29 March 2011 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1301446877' post='451779']

doood ask about the solenoids and the leds... :cool:

Dave... I am still saving up I would like a complete package. Can I put a deposit on just the start w/ fob for now?

PM sent in 5 minutes.....

As for Solenoids and LED's, I can do that. if it's 12 volts, I can either get it or install it. would you like the optional Disco ball as well. Cause I can do that..... LOL

Dave

Very nice! Would be awesome to check it out in person! Gotta definitely save up my pennies for this set up! Havent read the whole thread so this might already been answered but can you have and ignition ON position with out starting?? Just incase i ever have to push start!!

sweet, will you add that to my order?

I dont have an alarm system so itl be nice to have encase some one where to find the micro switch.

I can add that to your order, Just paypal the extra $28 and leave me a note saying what the $28 ($25 + $3 Paypal fee = $28) is for.

So close to being able to ship, I can almost taste it....... If I can finish the Instructions and a few other things, it may be as soon as a Friday Ship Date. More like Monday but ya never know around this house.

Dave

*NOTE* If you order the Remote system with your DZ-Start then the total is $195. If you order it seperately, there will be an addition $3 charge for seperate Paypal fees. Just a heads up.

Very nice! Would be awesome to check it out in person! Gotta definitely save up my pennies for this set up! Havent read the whole thread so this might already been answered but can you have and ignition ON position with out starting?? Just incase i ever have to push start!!

Yes, I found this out later on but it is an option. Simply step on the brake, double tap the button (a quick tap will not allow the motor to start, but will make the Module think it was a failed attemp, so it will leave the Acc. and Ign ON)

Kinda the same thing as if the motor had died, the DZ-Start will not shut off, but think it was a failed start and leave the ign. Relay on. So YES, it is an option. And if you'd like to stop by the house, I'm here.

PM being sent in a minute.

Dave

The First 5 kits are all but done. Just gotta finish the instructions, Print, staple and ship.

-BUT- The Metal brackets for Under dash or alternative mounting (non-panel mounting) are about 2 or less weeks out.

So if you want to instal the DZ-Start in a location other than the ignition switch location, Dash or center console, or Custom plate of some sort, your order will be delayed. UNLESS you want the Kit before hand and get the Bracket later. Just email me and let me know. A lot of these kits are Custom orders, so it's nothing new for me. Just let me know.

SOOOO Damn Close.

Dave

Skib and Rojadoja,

Your DZ-Start Systems are ON THEIR WAY to you as we speak. I sent them out USPS Priority Mail so Tom, you may see yours as soon as tomorrow or monday.

Robert, you'll likely see yours on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I hope to ship out the other Prepaid orders on Monday, So SR20DETdatsun510, yours will go out the door very soon...

By the way, I tested each of your units in my own car. Took them both for a "Test Drive" and they worked great.

Dave

Got the kit today from Dave! He lives five minutes from my house so I picked it up! Took a little while to install! Not to much room under the dash to stuff the extra stuff but used some velcro tape and sone zip ties that Dave provided and the switch went in!! Looks and works awesome!! I'll try to post some pics soon! It's great to have guys like DatsunDave and ]2edeye a few minutes away, so with a phone call I have expert datsun advise!! DatsunDave is the man!!! Awesome help from him

Skib and Rojadoja,

Your DZ-Start Systems are ON THEIR WAY to you as we speak. I sent them out USPS Priority Mail so Tom, you may see yours as soon as tomorrow or monday.

Robert, you'll likely see yours on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I hope to ship out the other Prepaid orders on Monday, So SR20DETdatsun510, yours will go out the door very soon...

By the way, I tested each of your units in my own car. Took them both for a "Test Drive" and they worked great.

Dave

awesome :lol:

I'm officially jealous

you should be :P

i am definitely going to spring for this later on gonna have to see what im working with for wiring first considering i have a 610 also will probibly need to get new collum surrounds but this is to sweet a setup not to go with