Top Posters In This Topic

That's two different methods:

* Use B110 strut tops to lower the B210 about 1"

or

* Raise the strut towers 1" so the car sits lower over the springs

The problem with lowering making for a rough ride is normally

1. They fit stiffer springs

2. lack of travel

If you want stiffer springs (which are good for some types of racing), then you are gonna get a stiffer ride. There's no getting around it. Adustable shocks can help some, but they can't make the ride better than stock. For a street car, a better way is to keep the stock springs and fit stiffer anti-rollbars. Because the stock springs are well controlled to start with (not ultra-soft like most american cars) but the body roll is considerable.

Whatever you do, make sure you got enough travel. Cut 1" off the strut bumpers to keep the travel. If you lower it more, cut the strut housings and fit shorter strut cartridges which also have more overall travel. The 280ZX cartridges are like that and why people swap the whole 280ZX strut & brake assembly in. They get larger brakes at the same time.

My coilovers ride terrible, because they didn't do any of this stuff. They just fit really stiff springs and has no suspension travel. I bought it like that.

When i order the coilover they ask me what spring rate i wanted i said that the car was going to be driven in the streets meaning im not racing the car so i wonder what spring rate was giving ill let you guys know when they come...........has anyone seen that enkie came out with their 92s again i was thinking doing the layway thing that my townfair tire offer but i was quoted 1200 15x8 all around i was thinking 15x7 from 15x8 in the back

sale-79uay-2268873389@craigslist.org?subject=Prime%2015x7%20alloy%20wheels%20-%20%2450%20(E.%20Longmeadow)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwesternmass.craigslist.org%2Fpts%2F2268873389.html%0A hey guys i just found this is only a pair but for 50 they are -14 offset will that poke alot

i love enkie 92's on my datsun. they are 15 x 7 with zero offsett. check it out right here.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/9755-ca18det-in-by-bee-oh-yah/page__p__129501__hl__%2Bca18det+

anyway. spend money the right way. lower it correctly, get some ground control coil overs and have a spring shop re-arch you rear springs and be done with it. and get some good shocks while your at it for the rear.

you asked about spring rate???????

here's my take on the spring rate. i have the ground control coil kit and run 250 lbs springs. my car has a full ca18det swap with five speed. for me they are a bit soft. so my advice is if you plan on sticking with the a series engine, your stock engine, get 200 250 pound springs. i'm upgrading now to 300 pounds springs now. with your budget try to also get the roll center adjusters or bump steer spacers as the 510 guys like to call them. they improve the ride on lowered b210s, less vibrations.

Yeah, I found out the hard way that there is not many wheel choice's for our type of cars. It seems anything with a +mm offset over a 0 offset will require spacers. The only other type of rims I could find were like the enkie 92's and the Koing Rewind (which what I have). I like either style but I do wish there were more choices. -_-

Another question where do i get the roll center adjusters

techno toy tuning for the roll center adjusters or whatever there called. they are worth the money. remember to only use them if you car is going to be lowered.

Yeah, I found out the hard way that there is not many wheel choice's for our type of cars. It seems anything with a +mm offset over a 0 offset will require spacers. The only other type of rims I could find were like the enkie 92's and the Koing Rewind (which what I have). I like either style but I do wish there were more choices. -_-

Honestly, unless you have some serious aversion to knockoffs, there are TONS of wheels in a 15x7 (or 15x8) zero offset. :huh:

And you can easily go up to a +10 without the need for spacers, or down to a -10 if you roll the fender lips.

Whats going on been busy and weather been crappy up here in the new england area got some stuff on the mail yesterday cant wait to put this on and on the rim search i found a killer deal i think . Mitsubishi galant vr4 rims all 4 for $85 dollars they are 4x114.3 15x6 i think the would work

2011-03-24115221.jpg

2011-03-24115051.jpg

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/2284714589.html

the wheels

• 2 months later...

haven'tpasted anything in a while but this is the latest the car is running great , looking for the 1200 carburetor i know someone sold one for 40 all set up for the b210 , nothing on ebay around the world lol . I installed the front suspension pretty easy 7 13? mm bolts to remove it from the car spring compressor , a 17mm to take the strut , that it and it can go low

2011-06-03183843.jpg

this is after grinding the perch

2011-06-03190225.jpg

my friend Doug welding the ring and collar that came with the ground control kit , this is done on the original stuff no zx stuff

2011-06-03200056.jpg

pre-assembly

2011-03-13190216.jpg

and this is before

2011-06-03215844.jpg

and after , i hate my bumpers im pretty everyone else with American bumpers would agree

and thats 10 roration that not all the way down