New to the forum

blooiprb210

Hello everyone i just got a 1978 b210 or 120y . Ive research a couple of thing im looking to get some aussie bumpers but i've read some where that early 280z bumper might fit, if some one knows this i would like to know. suspension wise in front i was thinking the ground control coil over sleeves and for the back im coming from the vw scene and there are lowering blocks for the rabbit pick up, because all ive read on my research is that there no company here in the states that sell lowering blocks. The engine is A14 because this is going too be my daylie im looking to get the car running in perfect condition or as close to that, that the part im having a little problem with where to start i guess spark plugs ,wire, all filters ,oil change ,all the suspension parts, brakes, rims im looking i have some 15 bbs ra there 4x100 offset 35 i know our car are 4x114.3 but theirs adapter for that. im going for the rat rod look so i dont want shiny stuff for now body is a little rusty but rust weight less than steel ha ha .

the old whip , those are the rims that i was talking about

therabbit002-1.jpgb210.jpgmy new whip

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With adaptors the FWD wheels may still have prollems hitting the front struts, and you should be able to get lowering blocks at one of your local parts stores!

Moare Oics Meow!

P.S. Welcome to Ratsun!

Thank you Mr. Pumpkin,i thought the one at the parts store where to wide i read it some where . Ill check at autozone got a hook up there.

that the only pic i have at the moment

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='10 March 2011 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1299818800' post='442033']

Yep, gonna need moe pics, I'm not even sure if the one you posted counts :lol:

Welcome aboard :D

I hear you ,took that pic last night when i got to get the car ,

and today was raining all day

,but hopefully tomorrow take some

Ive research a couple of thing im looking to get some aussie bumpers but i've read some where that early 280z bumper might fit, if some one knows this i would like to know.

Besides the fact that they look completely different, the 280Z bumper is as big or bigger than the stock US bumper. I would stay away from that. ;)

You can get the Euro/JDM front bumpers new out of Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore for a decent price (shipping is what really costs you), and the rears are fairly easy to get from Australia.

FYI, the Australian rear bumper is slightly different than the JDM rear bumper. The JDM bumper's license plate cut-out is the right size for an American license plate. The Australian bumper license plate cut out is about 4-5" wider.

I bought a JDM front bumper (came from a Japanese junkyard, got through a friend in the Air Force who was stationed in Okinawa) and an Australian rear bumper (found it on Australia ebay from a junkyard). Had to fab front brackets, as the JDM brackets don't bolt right up. The rear brackets work after you drill two new holes.

suspension wise in front i was thinking the ground control coil over sleeves

If you use 280ZX struts/brakes you'll get struts that are much shorter and bigger brakes to boot.

from the vw scene and there are lowering blocks for the rabbit pick up, because all ive read on my research is that there no company here in the states that sell lowering blocks.

Actually there's tons of places to buy the blocks. The problem is the U-bolts that come with the blocks are too large a diameter. You can heat them and bend them to a smaller diameter though.

that the part im having a little problem with where to start i guess spark plugs ,wire, all filters ,oil change ,all the suspension parts, brakes

Sounds like you have it figured out to me? :P

rims im looking i have some 15 bbs ra there 4x100 offset 35 i know our car are 4x114.3 but theirs adapter for that.

With the standard 1" thick adapters those will fit perfectly. ;)

I bought a JDM front bumper (came from a Japanese junkyard, got through a friend in the Air Force who was stationed in Okinawa) and an Australian rear bumper (found it on Australia ebay from a junkyard). Had to fab front brackets, as the JDM brackets don't bolt right up. The rear brackets work after you drill two new holes.

and i can assume that your camera is broken?

and i can assume that your camera is broken?

check his build thread. the killerbee one.

sounds like you got it figure out to me. Going from VW-->Datsun is going from premade stuff to make it on your own.

But we are here to help :)

2011-03-13190216.jpg2011-03-13183120.jpg2011-03-13183107.jpg2011-03-13183053.jpg2011-03-13183023.jpg okay so far ive change the oil ,fuel filter , just order some kyb gr-2 front and back ,got the lowering block,going to order the ground control coilover sleeves oh im having a problem that needs to be fix for it to pass mass inspection.......the windshield washer fluid is not working ...........

Ground Control is OK, it's not the highest quality but it does the job.

It's purpose is adjusability: you can adjust the ride height, and buy off-the-shelf springs of different rates

Or you can lower the B210 for zero dollars but it's not adjustable, and the stock springs are relatively soft.

Looks like your 78 B is missing the air pump ... is there no inspections in MA?

I believe in the killer b thread that car had the whole stack flipped? Or am I imagining? An inch of drop is about maxo for roads where I live. I plan on sawzalling my 510 hatch to death until I can fit super wide rims and it sracpes pavement. Will put sheet metal skid plate over the underside and weld the diff up. Yeas it will handle like poo but it's on it's way to being parts soon so why not have it be free and fun cruising until already worn parts give out? That's off topic but coil cutting related. All cars I have risen in with cut coils bounce and jerk bad. But just a small amount should stiffen the ride up for the good in a b210? How does yours ride?