Dime in the rough

Hello boys and girls. We've been working on a new project, sometimes it seems this is all we do. Here we go a 1970ish 2 door 510 very straight needing some love. Picked this sexy beast up a while ago from a Ratsun guy, but just started working on it recently. Sometimes i feel like we have the land of misfit 510s. This is where 510s go when people decide there done and need out. Then we give these lost 510s love and butter, once buttered up new people come and buy them with interest and enthusiasm. So lets butter this biscuit and get to work.

In the beginning

DSC04075.jpg

Door handles were shaved, trunk lock shaved Gas door shaved, and running light were made to mount from the inside of the fender.

DSC04074.jpg

Alot of good work had been done, but not completely finished.

DSC04073.jpg

I know your diggin the wheels

So Atom and Phil my young auto body warriors work on this thing for 2 days.

DSC04577.jpg

DSC04576.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

Don't you worry i got my hands dirty too

We opened up the handle areas so handles can be put back in to place, opened the trunk lock hole so a lock can be used again, made the fenders stock again. However the gas door area is a big deal, and had been finished very well so we did not touch it.

Phil and I finishing things up before Metal loc

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04580.jpg

DSC04583.jpg

DSC04585.jpg

DSC04586.jpg

DSC04588.jpg

DSC04589.jpg

DSC04590.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this wonderful beast was from the big O. (i use to see the big O on peoples rear windows, driving through Oregon and think to myself Orgasm). I have not decided on paint, but I have enough of the paint we used on the 2-tone goon (we just did) to make a twin 2 door. Any comments on paint?

Yes this wonderful beast was from the big O. (i use to see the big O on peoples rear windows, driving through Oregon and think to myself Orgasm). I have not decided on paint, but I have enough of the paint we used on the 2-tone goon (we just did) to make a twin 2 door. Any comments on paint?

A matching 2 door would be sick, specially if the owner of the goon bought this :D

He picked this car up in Oregon and dropped off my front coilover kit.

How many cars are youguys working on? 5? At the same dam time?

Totally jealous.

I think the number is, 6-7 if you count Atom and Phil 510s. And we're lovin it.

The goon is leaving for something special. yep you'll see. So excited.

Don't be jealous, it still is a lot of work. What is cool is taking something not so sexy and making it sexy

Don't be jealous, it still is a lot of work. What is cool is taking something not so sexy and making it sexy

whats phil gonna do for motor since his is going in the 2door...

Love that monster truck datsun in the background

He picked this car up in Oregon and dropped off my front coilover kit.

How many cars are youguys working on? 5? At the same dam time?

Totally jealous.

Hey keeper, the guy that did the rear part of the body work is a guy by the name of Steve Wetlend. Retired and now restores coke machines as a hobby but my dad convinced him to do a quick job some change. In his hay day he was considered one of the best body/paint guys for show cars.

I'm stoked to see what you guys get this sucker to look like.

Also did that verticle support that was in one of those boxes no work?

Hey keeper, the guy that did the rear part of the body work is a guy by the name of Steve Wetlend. Retired and now restores coke machines as a hobby but my dad convinced him to do a quick job some change. In his hay day he was considered one of the best body/paint guys for show cars.

I'm stoked to see what you guys get this sucker to look like.

Also did that verticle support that was in one of those boxes no work?

Right on, He did a great job. Once we got into it. I thought to my self wow, this wouldn't of taken much to finish. I did get a new fiberglass apron. Thanks for the input