Why all the hate?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely NOT!!! Welcome to the site... I swear it's ussually the best group of guys on the interwebz. If you have a question, feel free to ask it. 99% of the time, you won't be flamed.... Just use the search first and see if it's been asked before. If not, you will get good advice and honest opinions. Today was a rare occasion where things got out of hand. If you read my question, which seems to have started the trouble, there is good advice and even the guys who got into it were helpful to me. They got into a little pissing contest and somebody got upset and threw a bit of a tantrum.. the mods handled it. It's a rare occasion but it happens everywhere. This is the most helpful place to be though if you plan to build a cool Datsun, or just look at other people's cool Datsuns. Again, welcome to the sight, and don't let today turn you away.

Absolutely NOT!!! Welcome to the site... I swear it's ussually the best group of guys on the interwebz. If you have a question, feel free to ask it. 99% of the time, you won't be flamed.... Just use the search first and see if it's been asked before. If not, you will get good advice and honest opinions. Today was a rare occasion where things got out of hand. If you read my question, which seems to have started the trouble, there is good advice and even the guys who got into it were helpful to me. They got into a little pissing contest and somebody got upset and threw a bit of a tantrum.. the mods handled it. It's a rare occasion but it happens everywhere. This is the most helpful place to be though if you plan to build a cool Datsun, or just look at other people's cool Datsuns. Again, welcome to the sight, and don't let today turn you away.

I saw the aftermath of that whole thing, and i noticed there were more instigators then the 2 that got into it. But it did seem like everyone threw a bit of fuel in, to get that fire going, and even several hours later people on your thread are still trying to re-ignite the issue. But ill give it a chance, and if this becomes too much drama ill find another place.

Oh, and i have finnally talked my daughter out of the 928 motor and trans axle swap into a 510, because shes too young for a v8 510. And with that being said, she used my words against me and sugested a 944 drive train and trans axle swap.

Damn, thought i could edit the post before anyone would reply. For those of you that missed it.

I have finnally talked my daughter out of the 928 motor and trans axle swap into a 510, because shes too young for a v8 510. And with that being said, she used my words against me and sugested a 944 drive train and trans axle swap.

She says she wants to do that to make a perfectly balanced dime with acceptable hp.

[snip]

Today was a rare occasion where things got out of hand. If you read my question, which seems to have started the trouble, there is good advice and even the guys who got into it were helpful to me. They got into a little pissing contest and somebody got upset and threw a bit of a tantrum.. the mods handled it. It's a rare occasion but it happens everywhere. This is the most helpful place to be though if you plan to build a cool Datsun, or just look at other people's cool Datsuns. Again, welcome to the sight, and don't let today turn you away.

I've just caught up on 358 posts since my last login, and I missed it? Damn.....

Pete "not a hater, just an a$$ if you don't search first...."

Its usually mellow but theres always a few shenanigans. some funny, some not lol

but you will need some thick skin from time to time, things arnt sugar coated.

if you ask for opinons your going to get them,

and most of the time you should listen, alot of knowlable folks around here.

I saw the aftermath of that whole thing, and i noticed there were more instigators then the 2 that got into it....

...Oh, and i have finnally talked my daughter out of the 928 motor and trans axle swap into a 510, because shes too young for a v8 510. And with that being said, she used my words against me and sugested a 944 drive train and trans axle swap.

1. Yeah, when posting or reading Ratsun... keep your grain of salt handy.... many here have a dark sense of humor (self included). If you search "don't mess with Texas" you will find myself and a mod sqabbling about how he doesn't understand how much TX rawks. We say mean things, but it's all in fun. He's actually one of the people I look up to on here. Cool guy who builds cool cars.... unless he's reading this and then he's a loser cause he's never been to TEXAS! QUEST IN COMPLETE!

2. I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but most people are too young for a v8 510. wow... my parents helped me build my first Datsun. It was a hardbody with a 620 cab swapped onto it. They considered that the z24 was too powerful for a 16 y/o. They gave it to me anyway.. I wrecked it 7 months later. Everyone was ok but Frank... Frank was my truck. Thank God he didn't have a V8 or I may be dead.

But ill give it a chance, and if this becomes too much drama ill find another place.

Well good luck with that. It's the interweb and no matter where you go it helps to cultivate a thick skin. No matter what you say eventually someone will take something the wrong way. It works the other way too. Some things in your posts can be taken the wrong way than they are meant to be. Good idea to read it twice and see if there is a second meaning. Sarcasm and humor don't show very well in a printed sentence, in fact most emotions don't. The emoticons to the right can make clear your intended drift in a conversation. Takes the 'edge' off.

Drama is inevitable with so many members. (shrug) I would ask you to check with our worst disruptive offenders but they are no longer with us.

let me tell you this, when i had my datsun, this is the best place ever...most helpfull forum ive been on, so this place is pretty badass, but yea every now and then shit starts, but then the ban hammmer comes out and its all good, i would stick with this place, youll like it lolz

let me tell you this, when i had my datsun, this is the best place ever...most helpfull forum ive been on, so this place is pretty badass, but yea every now and then shit starts, but then the ban hammmer comes out and its all good, i would stick with this place, youll like it lolz

Ban.

I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but most people are too young for a v8 510. wow... my parents helped me build my first Datsun. It was a hardbody with a 620 cab swapped onto it. They considered that the z24 was too powerful for a 16 y/o. They gave it to me anyway.. I wrecked it 7 months later. Everyone was ok but Frank... Frank was my truck. Thank God he didn't have a V8 or I may be dead.

Shes 15, and wanted to use a spare 1993 Gts 5.4l 32 valve 345hp block i have sitting on the motor stand. And that in a 2100 pound dime? lol i dont think so

Well good luck with that. It's the interweb and no matter where you go it helps to cultivate a thick skin. No matter what you say eventually someone will take something the wrong way. It works the other way too. Some things in your posts can be taken the wrong way than they are meant to be. Good idea to read it twice and see if there is a second meaning. Sarcasm and humor don't show very well in a printed sentence, in fact most emotions don't. The emoticons to the right can make clear your intended drift in a conversation. Takes the 'edge' off.

Drama is inevitable with so many members. (shrug) I would ask you to check with our worst disruptive offenders but they are no longer with us.

Yes thats true with all parts of life, there will allways be some asshole. I ment more of "if everyone is just going to piss and moan and fight among themselves, when someone needs help" then there might be somewhere more helpful ;) (doubtfull) I have looked around a bit, and everyone seems to have a love for these little datsuns and a pretty good knowledge base. And i hope that i can help sometime in the future.

• Like 1

"why all the hate?" I didn't see much hate just two guys who disagreed. The other dudes were trying to make light of it to calm em down not egg em on. I have only been here for a couple of weeks and I think this place is cool better than some others and everyone is real helpful I enjoy the light banter and the humor of most of these guys. Remember there are usually over 100 people on here I'd say it is surprising how well behaved they all are. Enjoy the site and expect some shenanigans biggrin.gif

1. Yeah, when posting or reading Ratsun... keep your grain of salt handy.... many here have a dark sense of humor (self included). If you search "don't mess with Texas" you will find myself and a mod sqabbling about how he doesn't understand how much TX rawks. We say mean things, but it's all in fun. He's actually one of the people I look up to on here. Cool guy who builds cool cars.... unless he's reading this and then he's a loser cause he's never been to TEXAS! QUEST IN COMPLETE!

oh ya? take a look at the score board :P

Skib - 12

Texas - 0

and yes, theres alot of special humour and banter thats just in fun :lol:

from time to time there are problem members. but they are swiftly delt with.

Ratsun is more than just a forum its a solid community here and in real life.

I have met and hang out with most of the active members and always make an effort to meet non local members when Im on the road.

Shes 15, and wanted to use a spare 1993 Gts 5.4l 32 valve 345hp block i have sitting on the motor stand. And that in a 2100 pound dime? lol i dont think so

Yes thats true with all parts of life, there will allways be some asshole. I ment more of "if everyone is just going to piss and moan and fight among themselves, when someone needs help" then there might be somewhere more helpful ;) (doubtfull) I have looked around a bit, and everyone seems to have a love for these little datsuns and a pretty good knowledge base. And i hope that i can help sometime in the future.

The problem with forums where people wait on you hand and foot to answer your questions, without having a little fun in-between, is that...they don't exist. Nobody in the real world is going to help you if you show no signs of effort on your own part, and some forum members are a little more polite about it (ignore you) while some use the opportunity to make light of the situation ("piss and moan and fight among themselves"). I know I come off as an a-hole, but I provide plenty of help when I can.