What Carbs are These?

Burabuda

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are Mikes Mikuni HSR's.

I ordered a set from the same guy Mike did and have not seen them in over a year ... he finally just stopped returning my calls ... watch for me on Judge Judy!!!

Here is his website ... Low Life Thief ... do no business with this guy.

Did you pay with a credit card when you ordered these? If so wasn't your purchase protected?

^saw that butt that shop is screwing people over?

lmk the link to mike's thread (or his username)

IMTB is his username.

Did you pay with a credit card when you ordered these? If so wasn't your purchase protected?

I used PayPal but by the time I was ready to complain I couldn't because the PayPal dispute resolution is only available for so long. SO now I'm just out the $$$900+ ...

IMTB is his username.

I used PayPal but by the time I was ready to complain I couldn't because the PayPal dispute resolution is only available for so long. SO now I'm just out the $$$900+ ...

The dispute resolution time might have run out with Paypal but not with your credit card company...unless the funds were taken from your checking account. If so the only recourse is to sue him in small claims court for the $900 plus any other fees required e.g. travel fees, court fees,time off from work, etc. ...believe me it seems like a hassle but people have been killed for less! ;)

A letter from an attorney will usually get a reply from businesses really quick!...Ask some of your friends...they might know of a paralegal or an attorney who can help out...or a club member from that city! :cool:

Maybe Mike(imtb) will sell his as hes doing another motor with FI.

I cant believe they run a bussiness like that. I was think about getting a pair to try out.

well it good to know that they havent treated there cutomers right and to let us know. I just dont get it, all this guy has to do is just pc together a kit and send it. Not like hes really doing much. maybe he went out of bussiness?

The dispute resolution time might have run out with Paypal but not with your credit card company...unless the funds were taken from your checking account. If so the only recourse is to sue him in small claims court for the $900 plus any other fees required e.g. travel fees, court fees,time off from work, etc. ...believe me it seems like a hassle but people have been killed for less! ;)

A letter from an attorney will usually get a reply from businesses really quick!...Ask some of your friends...they might know of a paralegal or an attorney who can help out...or a club member from that city! :cool:

Unfortunatley, It was taken right out of my checking. His business is in Syracuse NY so thats an awful lot of hassle but ... I know a guy who knows a guy in Jersey who owes me a favor :rolleyes: .

I like the letter from an attorney idea ... maybe I'll contact my attorneys Dewey, Cheatum and Howe for some advise. :lol:

Those carbs are just a performance carb for Harley's. They replace SU's that were used on those bikes. I don't know what type of mounting they use but it may be similar to the hitachi SU pattern. It looks like he has made some type of adapter out of delrin or black anodized Aluminum. I would not be surprised if these carbs were really easy to find in the US.

Too bad the guy's a looser.

-Avery

They Mikuni HSR flat slide carbs. I got them from the guy in New York and it took 5 months to get them I think he modifies the needle seat for 3#'s, becasue motorcycles are gravity fed. Not sure what else he does. You can read on his website. The carbs bolted right up to an SU intake and had to make the inner connecting rod. Easy to tune work really good. I was thinking about trying them on the lynx intake but going FIT, so just going to leave them as is and drive it till my engine is built. There is alot of these on ebay but would need to be modified.

Here is a few more pics. I had a thread started when I got them about one year ago.

Picture047-1.jpg

Picture539-1.jpg

Picture537.jpg

Picture540.jpg

Do you have any parts diagrams? Or tuning instructions? I would think the only mod you would need for the fuel pressure would be making the float a little stronger. Then it would be all jet choice and normal tuning stuff. Did he tell you what size jets to use or anything like that?

-Dime

They Mikuni HSR flat slide carbs. I think he modifies the needle seat for 3#'s, becasue motorcycles are gravity fed. Not sure what else he does.

ok, anybody know how to modify the needle seat for 3#'s?????

they've been running motorcycle carbs on a-series engines in japan for years

i wonder if those are also gravity fed?

961.jpg

speak up if anybody knows what the mod(s) are ...

ok, anybody know how to modify the needle seat for 3#'s?????

they've been running motorcycle carbs on a-series engines in japan for years

i wonder if those are also gravity fed?

961.jpg

speak up if anybody knows what the mod(s) are ...

I don't know. But if ya find out I need a set of the one's in this pic.

the response:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, March 8, 2011 12:48pm

To: webercarbs@piercemanifolds.com

Subject: Re: FW: question about mikuni hsr carbs

WE HAVE A KIT FOR DOING THIS APPLICATION

mikuni dual kit available in either 42mm or 45mm

$742.88

--- On Tue, 3/8/11, webercarbs@piercemanifolds.com <webercarbs@piercemanifolds.com> wrote:

question: is michael pierce the ripoff guy or the guy who takes 5 months?