Help Me Figure This Out!!!

Ok guys here goes...as you all know I am in the process of building my white 72 1/2 620.......here is the little thing I have run into.....I want to know what this part is (see the photo and the relay? that is circled...) the manual/wiring diagram says it is the heater relay...here is the deal...I have put in an internal regulated altenator.(listed for a '79), rewired the "T" plug per the instructions on dime quarterly...(exactly the same as I did for "ol Yeller" 3 1/2 years ago)..but now when I attach the positive cable to the battery I hear this relay make an audible "click"...what is that?...next question is: if that in fact is the heater relay; why does the heater work when i unplug it...? HMMMMMM someone must know the answer...what is it guys?....thanks alot......Ron

Copyofolyellers73-3.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The relay is the Choke Heater relay.

If you still have an electric choke, unplugging it will make the choke stay shut.

The choke relay is partially fed off the original voltage regulator.

OK Doug thanks for the info...now then why the clicking sound?...seems to me the article at dime quarterly said something about changing that to a 12v relay.....................does that sound right and if so..wouldn't that already be 12v?