The Killer B...

Just FYI the front fillers are also different, the later years are definitely wider.

Interesting...

We had to narrow the '78 front filler about 4-5" to fit as a spoiler on the front. I seem to recall the one on the '78 wrapped around the sides and my '75 doesn't?

Picked up two things on the way home today. Some "spring helpers" and 2" lowering blocks. Gotta get that ass down ASAP. :cool:

Spring helpers went on with minimal fuss. Firmed up the ride quite nicely. And yes, I'm going to trim those bolts down a bit. :D

b210_rear_helpers_004.JPG

Only downside is that this raised the car about 3/4". :P

b210_rear_helpers_002s.jpg

But by my measurements, the 2" blocks will get the tire about 1/2" inside the fender lip, right where I want it. :cool:

I just hope taking the rear bumper off tomorrow doesn't raise it back to where it was... :blink:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...

We had to narrow the '78 front filler about 4-5" to fit as a spoiler on the front. I seem to recall the one on the '78 wrapped around the sides and my '75 doesn't?

Sorry, I mean wider along the short axis (later year=longer duckbill), although it may be shorter on the long axis too . I have one of each., I'll see if I can get a pic up tomorrow.

IMG_6674-2-1.jpg

Edited by Dguy210

Sorry, I mean wider along the short axis (later year=longer duckbill)

Ah, now it makes sense. :P

And yes, I concur. The one off my '75 is about half as short as the one off Tim's '78. Mine's really not even worth turning into a spoiler because it's so short.

good work so far... need more photo updates...

Ask and ye shall receive. :cool:

Rear bumper off. Actually doesn't look too bad that way, but it's a no go for me. ;)

ozzy_002.JPG

New rear bumper on. :cool:

ozzy_003.JPG

New front bumper on, and JDM grill too! :)

ozzy_007.JPG

I installed the 1200 front turn signals and put the 2" lowering blocks on the rear end today, but I ran out of daylight so no more pics until tomorrow. It'll be worth the wait. :cool:

They look similar, but JDM B210 front combo lights are different from B110 units. B210 has two reflectors, while B110 has a single reflector. B210 uses a combo plug, B110 uses individual wire connectors. The later 1200s (after 1975) use a dual reflector but still doesn't use the B210-style wiring.

USA and JDM are all orange

20752.jpg

Australia and Europe are orange + clear

20750.jpg

2. Are you moving the lin-plate too the bottom?

I had originally planned to, but now I'm not 100% sure. It's the proper thing to do, but it'll mean shaving the holes that are there now, so...

Ideally, I'd like to find one of these Sunny GL "fillers" from Japan. If I could find one of these, plate goes down. Done deal.

2z4bt00.jpg

3. more pic.

Get me more sunlight and it'll happen. :P

They look similar, but JDM B210 front combo lights are different from B110 units. B210 has two reflectors, while B110 has a single reflector. B210 uses a combo plug, B110 uses individual wire connectors. The later 1200s (after 1975) use a dual reflector but still doesn't use the B210-style wiring.

Yes sir, pretty much the same as in 510-land. :cool:

I personally prefer the all amber, but I may make the effort to at least go dual bulb at some point. And FYI, I did cut the combo plugs from the stock B210 lights and spliced them on to the 1200 lights. No more hard to handle bullet connectors, just plug and play. ;)

Ah, so the lamp assemblies bolt on the same B110 vs B210? USA really got the short end with the bumper regulations affecting panels and lamps too.

Your 2-dr Sedan is looking good. That's the early (1973-1975) sedan/wagon grille. In the USA we only got the JDM coupe grille slapped not only on coupes but on all sedans here.

Ah, so the lamp assemblies bolt on the same B110 vs B210?

Not exactly a "bolt-on", no. But very close.

One stud lines up (the outside one). But as I'm sure you know, on the USDM 1200 lights one stud (outer) is at the top of the light,, and one is at the bottom (inner). On the B210 they are both at the top. So I just disassembled the light, drilled a hole in the top edge of the lamp base, welded in a tiny bolt that matches the stud, reassembled and popped it on. So it's a (one little mod) bolt-on. :P

Decided to do one more mod (that's always the way :P ) before taking some decent pics.

I had these in the garage waiting for something, no idea what. Turns out they were waiting for me to buy a B210. ;)

lights_and_shifter_001.JPG

Gave it a quick wash and snapped a few this morning. :cool:

100_2601small.jpg

100_2610small.jpg

I'm really happy with the way the stance came out. It's just absolutely perfect to me. Some will say too low, others not low enough, but this is a good daily driver height. And I just wanted to have zero gap between the fender and tire. :cool:

I may still change the 185/60-14s for some 185/55-14s. That will get it just a tad lower. :P

On a related note, I'm helping my shop mate Tim put a 1200 dash into his '78 B210 (yes, it looks AWESOME and I want to do it too!), so I got all his hand-me-downs. :cool:

Got his console and defroster switch (mine's busted)...

lights_and_shifter_002.JPG

Decided since his "pleather" shift boot was wasted, and I had some extra pieces of black suede... :cool:

lights_and_shifter_003.JPG

Those will have to wait until the 5spd swap happens next month. <_<

Also got his cherry original dash pad too. That'll help as mine has a wicked crack in it. ;)

On a related note, I'm helping my shop mate Tim put a 1200 dash into his '78 B210 (yes, it looks AWESOME and I want to do it too!), so I got all his hand-me-downs. :cool:

OICS please!

so_much_win_graphic.png

and people say i have issues for liking the b 210. they haven't seen this beauty. how you considered making fiberglass versions of the bumpers? that way you dont have to worry about ruining tha real ones, and you can sell them to others with b 210s.

and people say i have issues for liking the b 210. they haven't seen this beauty. how you considered making fiberglass versions of the bumpers? that way you dont have to worry about ruining tha real ones, and you can sell them to others with b 210s.

I think he said earlier he was going to do that when they came off for rechroming.

Datsunfreak this is just an awesome looking B210 you have. I'm looking for the pic, but I've seen the upright aspects (the 4 bars on either side) on the JDM grill either chromed or silvered also, adds a nice accent to the grill.

Found it:

b210jdmtaiwan.jpg

Edited by Dguy210

I think he said earlier he was going to do that when they came off for rechroming.

Yes, after this summer I'm going to send them out to be rechromed (while the car gets painted). After that I'll make some molds to reproduce them in fiberglass. ;)

Datsunfreak this is just an awesome looking B210 you have. I'm looking for the pic, but I've seen the upright aspects (the 4 bars on either side) on the JDM grill either chromed or silvered also, adds a nice accent to the grill.

b210jdmtaiwan.jpg

That is really badass B210. :cool:

Dangit, now I want to paint my car orange.... :lol: