siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

So i picked up my 620 about a week or two ago. it was a straight solid starting project. It used to be a show truck many years back. then got sold to someone, then to someone else who spraybombed the shit out of it in the worst ways. Alot of work went into this truck. It used to be a maroon color and had all sorts of pin stripe work. A tilt bed was done and the tail gate welded and louvered, shaved handles and body seams, and i believe it had new interior done as i dont think the door panals and headliner are original, different seats, grant wheel, and a short shifter (annoying).

It hasnt been taken care of :( the guy i bought it from said he was using it for a work/ farm truck??? never seen a farm truck on 4in drop blocks but whatever, the bondo work used to shave the body seams is cracking, bondo is craking where the handles were shaved, after the gas tank was relcated they didnt shave the hole, the hinges in the tilt bed are janky and causes the bed to rub a bit on the cab in a 2 inch section, and just lots of odds and ends that need to be taken care of.

so far i have fixed a electrical issue with the left brake light and blinker, replaced the fuel sending unit oring as it was leaking, assesed why the key doesnt pop the door on the driver side, ordered a new thermostat, cleaned it, changed the oil, and replaced a few bulbs. mechanically the truck runs great. has a bad valve tick but i will take care of that later.

future plans: make new custom hinges for the bed. sand down the whole truck frame and all and repaint olive drap green, get the emgine running perfect (valve tick), replace the tail light housing and lenses, some 6 spoke titan wheels, fix the bondo work, cut open the tail gate because i dont like them welded shut, find some new seats, all maintainance stuff, a longer shifter cause i hate the short shifter thing, install a tach, get a air dam for the front, bmw headlight swap, new front bumper, and drive the shit out of it and love doing it!

Pics will be up in a few ;)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow we love old show trucks here and won't be surprised if someone pops up who knows this truck.

I love how when you pop up the spraybombed bed you see such a great frame. Like popping open a black jewelry to see the ring inside.

I am excited about this man!

Wow Big Dave [1low620] or [1lo620] will have more info on this old show truck. Theres a pic of it when it was all red somewhereon this forum. Maybe in the 620 gallery in "trucks".

how did i know that it would be u mark that would have the first guess as to where this truck was?! lol! :cool:

more pics please :)

I hope you have a lot of time and determination because, I'm very eager to see this truck's transformation. Good luck.

I do! im excited myself. IM gonna bring this old truck back to life.

Wow we love old show trucks here and won't be surprised if someone pops up who knows this truck.

I love how when you pop up the spraybombed bed you see such a great frame. Like popping open a black jewelry to see the ring inside.

I am excited about this man!

I kno right!? I wish it was treated better. Its a great truck and runs amazingly. I will do her good.

Wow Big Dave [1low620] or [1lo620] will have more info on this old show truck. Theres a pic of it when it was all red somewhereon this forum. Maybe in the 620 gallery in "trucks".

If u come accross any info on this truck that would be great! i would love to have seen it in its prime. Plz lemme kno :D

I remember seeing this on craigs, and wondering who would snatch it up.

Congrats, man!

YUP :D picked it up for $850! It was a steal!

Ok here is the story...it was built by a husband and wife in the late 80s out of Vancouver Wa..I cant remeber there names right now, but that isnt important. It was a great truck.They showed it all up and down the coast. Was around for several years and then they sold it and got out of truckin. Well early last summer it popped up on craigslist in Portland and I called the guy on it and he had found it sitiing in a field somewhere south of portland...I really would have loved to get it and get it back on the road, but too many projects as it is. So it got sold to a someone in Portland and he procceded to part it out, sold the shell, the square headlight with tube grill, took off the fender flares, the visor, the wheels, gthe air dam, the hood that had the louvers that matched the tailgate, then he primered it and sold it off again, and then it showed up again a month or so ago and you got what was left. I could have cried when I saw what was left....I am glad that you have motivation to do something with it. I called the kid that was selling it and you must have been the one who beat me to it. I give you props and hope to see it back on the seen again. But it will never be what it was.....enjoy the pics....

Untitled-28-1.jpg

Untitled-27.jpg

Untitled-11-1.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

Untitled-12-1.jpg

the pics below, is what it look liked when he was selling it after he founbd it in the field...He cleaned it up and got it running again....

user3852_pic2245_1257652691.jpg

Not quite the same is it...you where one buyer to late to get a decent shot at restoring a smooth old school show truck....anything else let me know...best of luck and keep the progress pics coming we all like those

Wow it was beautiful. I cant believe someone spraybombed it like that... thats terrible. I will do my best to make it beautiful again. were the owners names cindy and eric? the names are on the frame. Thank you so much for the pics. :D it was nice to learn a little history on it. It would have been sweet to score some of those parts that were sold off.

I need help deciding how i want to paint the 620.

one option it paint it army green and do a "streetfighter" look with the dog fighter mouth and eye. more aggressive then the one we have in the upper right. more like the old rusty bmw if u kno whay im talking about. a little more fierce look to it.

other option is to do a classic gray or matte black paint job with some darker colored BRE stripes. Simple yet bad ass.

I love both options so i just thougt i would see what other ppl think.

Sad day :( SO i noticed my windshield was leaking a little. so i feared the worst. pulled up the carpet to find. HUGE holes in the floor pans. :( Right now it will have to wait. but soon I will pull everything out, cut out the rust, and replace the floor pans. what are ppl using these days to replace floor pans?

Havent been having the best luck... SO far i found my floor pans are completly rotted out. Then on wen my coil failed when i was 2.5 hours from home at my parents.... fortunatly i had a msd blaster coil sitting at there house so that was nice, then yesterday the fucking thing blew a head gasket!! :angry: :angry:

Atleast im pretty sure thats what happened. the whole driver side of my engine bay was covered in oil and was super low in the engine and i have coolant coming from under the manifold somewhere. not sure where yet but its like dripping out. so im pretty sure the gasket blew out. but i dont have any coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. idk havent had time to look at it. to see exactally where it s coming from. but it looks like it blew out in the back of the block and from driving on the freeway blew it all over the driver side of the engine bay. It didnt over heat or anything though. so lame.

Any tips on what to look for guys??

• 1 month later...

havent updated this thing in a while... prolly cause i havent done much. I did discover the truck didnt blow a head gasket it was a coolant passage that goes from the block into the intake manifold. and the oil that i saw was coming from my carb which has since been fixed. Pretty soon here the bed will be gettin getting pulled off so i can repaint the frame and remove the tilt bed. Im moving the fuel neck to the inside of the bed on the bed floor. Doing some work on the bed while it is off. refilling the body seams on account the previous owners work is cracking away. then sanding, sanding, and more sanding. shaving the side turn signals and the original owners fuel door. then hopefully getting the bitch atleast primered for canby... lots of work. need to find some time. hahahahah we will see. i will update with pics when i actually get something done.

• 2 weeks later...

so I decided to start sanding away at the 620 today. Just getting out the big flaws and taking off the old black spray paint. So I started sanding away and got my first coat of primer down. Still have some more sanding and priming lil. Gonna doit right and make her nice and smooth. Here are some pics cause that's what we like here lol. Oh and the panals are just resting on there. They wont be getting bolted.down till im done lol.

350.jpg

378.jpg

354.jpg

357.jpg

360.jpg

363.jpg

366.jpg

369.jpg

375.jpg