Wanting to BORROW an N320 rear bumper

Hey Guys,

A lot of You know that I sell 620 fiberglass accessories. I have a 100% reputation on sales. What I am considering doing, is as rare as NL320 rear bumpers are, is to ask if anyone out there would loan Me one to have a mold made from. What I would need is one straight enough, but with poor chrome, to have detailed and the mold laid up. You can trust that I would return the bumper when done or if available, purchase it. Also, how many of You would want a fiberglass NL320 rear bumper? Custom trucks could paint them to color match or possibly a "spray on chrome" company can make them look real. Thanks for Your help and input.

steroid620@yahoo.com

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my build thread for my truck, there are a lot of photos of what I did. I purchaced this truck from Mike Klotz back in june of 2010

http://community.rat...4-datsun-nl320/

This is the thread before I bought the truck, it has a lot of upgrades such as an electronic dizzy mike made from scratch from a 80s matchbox type, how he lowered the truck by cutting the lower front suspention brackets and raising the spindles 2 inches. 3 to 4 years of modifacations. wayno

http://community.rat...mklotz70-nl320/

I thought I PMed this message, sorry guys. wayno

• 6 months later...

Bumping this thread forward. I am in the process right now of making fiberglass 620 full dashes. When this project is completed, I hope to next make the NL320 rear fiberglass bumper. I need one to make a mold from, It will NOT be damaged and returned as loaned. Thanks, Mike

Cool!!! Thanks!!! I would like to at least get one built then taken to Doland Springs to have sprayed by Dan Dowdy with Spray On Chrome. After that, if they look acceptable, they will be sold for other 320 guys like Me that don't have a rear bumper. Ironically I have seen photos of My NL before I got it and the bumper was still in place. It went somewhere in So. Cal. !!!!

I got an idea for your missing trim after I seen this photo below, this is a stock 1200 ute.

2011-08-23104508.jpg

If you click on the photo below and inlarge it a bit, you can see how ggzilla cut the lip and hooks off and welded it together flat, I have seen this in person, it looks good this way. If you cannot find the trim pieces, this is an alternitive.

20110814083523DSC04561.jpg

Would the 1200 Ute trim pieces fit if I could locate a set?

No, it's not the same, the 1200 is set up more like the 320/520-21 trucks, totally differant than the NLs. If I didn't have the trim pieces on my NL, I would do what ggzilla did, it looks realy good, like the factory should have done. You find a strait bumper yet? Whats your timeline on your NL? Couple years?

I have the rear window. Missing was My grille, windshield, both front and rear bumpers and seat.

UPDATE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Yesterday I was given a VERY STRAIGHT NL320 rear bumper to make a mold from ! ! ! It will be dropped off in the morning on My way home to finally at least have a fiberglass substitute ! :)

I have JUST GOT to show You guys the NL320 bumper that was loaned for a mold to be made from!!! Look at this thing!!!!!

P1011728.jpg

P1011731.jpg

P1011735.jpg

P1011737.jpg

P1011739.jpg

Finally for those of Us that need to fill that vacant NL rear bumper area, a fiberglass bumper will be available!!! I am expecting that fabrication and availability will be in place within a few weeks!! PS THANKS Marco!!!!! :D

It has finally happened!!!! I got the call today!! The mold has been built and the first bumper has been made!!! I will be for now getting 2, one to have sprayed with "spray on chrome" and another to have on hand/sell. I have not seen them yet and do not have pics. Hopefully next week. Stay tuned!!!!

It has finally happened!!!! I got the call today!! The mold has been built and the first bumper has been made!!! I will be for now getting 2, one to have sprayed with "spray on chrome" and another to have on hand/sell. I have not seen them yet and do not have pics. Hopefully next week. Stay tuned!!!!

How much are you selling them for? PM me

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.