L20 U20 Type B Cam?

Radim

I searched around a bit and found nothing but information for Roadsters... the WMN stamp on the head had me wondering so i popped open the Valve Cover and looked around... U20s are stock cams right? but what about the B Stamp at the end of it?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 220 cam is the hottest factory cam. It was on all L20Bs in USA, and is the same cam fitted to SSS 510s in Japan. Nissan Competition sold it as the "SSS" cam, the highest performing cam they sold for use with stock valve springs.

Specs: .413 inch lift, 248° degree duration

But you can get a custom camshaft (from just about any cam company) with .450" lift and a modern profile, be good for a daily driver?

Yeah I paid $33 with core apc I bought 3 of them. a 460 and 2 450 lifts.

Took to work and measured them. the 460 was about .412 the 450 were abuout 400lift.Then minus rockarm lash.

So the lift was near stock and duration looked OK. But to spenda ll that money on new rockers just to have a stock cam I said not way.

There was a stray cat in the Hood that everybody wanted to get rid off. Spraying on everybodys car tires.

I caught the cat and tied that Delta cam to the cat and throw them in the River.

(just joking)

Well i did some research and supposedly the A Stamp was for Dual SU Carbs, B Cam was for Mikuni/Webers, and C cam was a higher performance cam, but the sources came from a Roadster website so i'm not sure if it would be the same or not.

• 2 years later...
old thread I know but is there any more information as I have an A87 head with an L20b cam with U20 cast in and C stamped on the end, would the info that Radim posted above still stand for L series cams? since he got his info from a roadster website

Roadster came with U20 engine, but we are talking about L-series engine here.

They are roadster specs for sure. It is different for the L series cams

Roadster spec does not apply to L series cams.