Wylder's 1985 720 KC 4x4 ST

Wylder1324

Yeah I believe I will do an angled spare tire rack back there. Probably have to wait a bit though because I'll have to source another Nismo Rays wheel which could take a while. I'm

Not a fan of having different wheels on visible spare tires.

As for the flares I def want some at some point....I'm waiting to hear back from Sealik on some original flares he may have....may look into custom too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've made a little progress. I wasn't happy with my lift as I was sagging 1 and 3/4 of inch up front due to torsion bars. I had them re-indexed as well as getting ball joint spacers and low pro bump stops and now it sits only about .5" low in the front....being OCD about my toys as I am it still bugs me but it's certainly not as noticeable.....I only get tire rub with the 33's now in the sharpest turns. I may consider doing a custom coilovers setup in the future to get where I want to be but for now I think the stance is set.

683A22FE-78D6-47FB-BD47-763A6467C7B7.png

5733FE88-982D-425D-B100-85DE53DDD8A0.png

C1B009F7-4F87-4B1E-AC5D-476D3E8E8D3B.jpg

• Like 1

I also finally got around to replacing my cheapo eBay steering wheel (or willing to pony up the $200 anyway) with the Momo "Monte Carlo" wheel that I've had my eye on for a while. It was pricey but the Italian leather feels amazing and it matches the subtle red accents I'm going for on the interior well. While it isn't an original ST wheel like my truck came with it also has a similar look with the bright horn button....all in all $ well spent. Not to mention the 320mm wheel is a LOT more comfy for the knee room.

449CB66C-3CBE-4785-81E0-C26A05721C45.jpg

703A82DC-9571-422E-BE4C-87512F42578A.jpg

I also got some dark gray momo pedals that I have to drill mounting holes for as well as new plastic kick panels to replace my old worn cardboard panels that are coming apart. The new ones are blue though so will need to be painted. I will probably have them hit with Line-X along with a the rest of my plastic trim (the plasti-dip has been horrible on the plastic trim, it has held up well on the metal cover that goes beneath the steering column but nothing else) this along with carpet, and a dash cap will probably shore up the interior for the foreseeable future as I shift gears towards dropping more $ into my 260z project.

243EAD1A-CA80-4FE1-8BFE-89B4DE8AE5C6.jpg

• Like 1

Lastly the engine bay progress. Again going for a mostly black with red accents here while so cleaning up old worn components regardless of working order. It won't really be finished until it's time to rebuild the engine and I can pull everything and paint the bay itself etc. so far I've done the following or have the new parts waiting for installation.

- matte black aluminum valve cover (waiting for powdercoat)

- Nismo oil cap

- Red Taylor 8mm plug wires

- Red valve cover breather filter/vent

- Red & Black Powder-coat carb breather covers

- New OEM washer fluid and coolant reservoirs

- NOS brake master cylinder

- NOS brake booster

- New Silicone Hoses (Red & Black)

D3A36961-6DBC-4BA5-B443-8C4B50DE0493_2.j

Edited by Wylder1324
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sheshhh that is a good looking collection of Datsuns. Love the SAS'ed 620... and that it is taller then the 720 :) 

I didnt see any pictures with the bed bobbed. I was looking forward to that. I took 14" out of my 82. It looks way better. 

Where at in Texas are you? Im north of houston now.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

It has been a while.  The 720 has been back burnered for some time, but it has found some new life.  I recently added a paint and interior shop to my aviation business so we are tackling some of my side projects when the guys have time.  The last photos are where it sits as of today.  We should have it finished by end of December.

So far we have

- Painted Rear Frame

- Replaced all hoses to and from fuel tank/pump/filters etc

- Drained and refilled rear diff, resealed rear diff

- Deleted Spare Tire brackets and other unneeded brackets under bed

- Replaced wheel cylinder and shoes before painting drums 

- Replaced leaking clutch slace cylinder

- Prep and painted the cab in Cement Grey

- Replaced both door hinged

- Replaced all rubber seals on doors and windows

- Replaced dented front bumper, and lower valance

- Painted all trim Satin Black

- Installed LED headlights w/proper wiring, relays, etc.

- New corner and bumper lenses with LED bulbs and proper LED flashers

- Pulled out all old interior carpet and plastic panels

More to come over the upcoming weeks.

- Small amount of rust weld repair in bed

- Bobbing the bed 12-14"

- Line-X Bed Liner

- Bed rack w/ angled rear spare tire mount in bed

- Roof Basket Rack

- Pull front brakes and paint, refurb as needed

- All new interior sound deadening, carpet, custom stainless accents (door sills, console, trim, etc)

Edited by Wylder1324
  • Like 1