help me find vin number

1969datsondude

So, I have this 1969 datson pick-up and I cannot find the vin number anywhere on this thing? Not in the glove box, door stickers are completely unreadable and the plate on the fire wall is pretty scratched up as well - so it can't be read. Anyone have any idea of another place that i can find that vin number? Seems like a hopeless battle and I'm about to give up and scrap a running vehicle that's been abandoned, because I can't get a title for it until I have a vin - that is not in plain sight...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have this 1969 datson pick-up and I cannot find the vin number anywhere on this thing? Not in the glove box, door stickers are completely unreadable and the plate on the fire wall is pretty scratched up as well - so it can't be read. Anyone have any idea of another place that i can find that vin number? Seems like a hopeless battle and I'm about to give up and scrap a running vehicle that's been abandoned, because I can't get a title for it until I have a vin - that is not in plain sight...

The door jam and firewall, thats about it for tags. There might be a # on the frame, don't know for sure on a 69, if there is it will be on the pass. side just in front of the passangers feet in the engine compartment were the frame rises towards the upper A arm. Where are you located? wayno BTW Welcome to Ratsun

It is both: On the stamped plate underhood, and on the firewall right in the sheet metal.

but sometimes the plate has been removed... and yes, Nissan calls it the "Car Number"

At some point the US government required a plate on the door pillar. My 1972 has this, it is a build date plate, which Nissan didn't put on overseas models. They don't normally list the date unless required by local law.