fuck scammers

i feel like an idiot because i just got scammed by a ratsun member. I "bought" a set of watanabes off username JemFrap. he said his bank didn't accept paypal or some shit so i had to western union him the money. seemed a little fishy, but he had sent me pics of his car and i saw someone had messaged him on his profile i had his name and where he lived so i figured i was pretty safe.

sent the money, didn't get the wheels, pmed him asking what the deal was. said he shipped to the wrong address and had just shipped them out and would e-mail me the racking number. thats when i started gettin suspicious e mail me the tracking number? why not just give it to me now? gave it another few days no tracking number no contact. pmed him again no contact. googled the name i had sent the money to and found three forums that people had said this guy was a scammer. i guess he always gets amounts of money that are less than 400 dollars so its not grand theft and the police never really look into it.

so beware don't buy anything off username jemfrap in whittier, california aka alex voorhies. HE IS A SCAMMER.

so now instead of having some hellaflush wheels on the dime i get nothing and am out $388 just thinking about what that money could have bought for the project pisses me off, but i just got a let it go.

that guy ...

smoked me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear that.... i almost bought those and i can tell u i woodnt sound as light about it if it were me getting fucked on it.

did u ever get any real info on the guy cause if he said he shipped it and never did that is mail fraud and its a federal offense. may want to look into that and if u threaten him with that he may give u ur money so he doesnt end up in big boy jail as someones love toy

should really contact law enforcement on this if you really believe you've been scammed.

You might also contact the lovely Ratsun staff on this, as they may have ways of getting deleted messages back.

yeah already getting all my documents together to go to the police. good idea about ratsun staff though.

rjawm how do i take a screenshot and past it in here?

Do alt+Print Screen to capture your active window. Paste it into paint or something and then upload it to Photobucket or equiv.

Also, I am sorry to hear you loss. Some guy tried to scam me for a distributor, but I fought it in Paypal and got my money back.

I recently posted up an add on dimequarterly looking for an EFI manifold and got tons of replys from Europe asking me to Western Union money. Scammers!!! I hate em.

For those of you guys reading, learn from our mistakes: Avoid Western Union transactions. As Craigslist recommends, deal locally. Avoid shipping stuff on CL. Go get it yourself.

I hope you get your money pack from that piece of trash.

• Like 1

yeah already getting all my documents together to go to the police. good idea about ratsun staff though.

Hope you get some sort of retribution "thieves SUCK"

I live like 10 mins from Whittier... Do u have a pic of his car, to keep a look out for it. If he is really into datsuns he should be at the swapmeet next week. Will keep a look out for him and the rims.

he may not even own a datsun. from what i read about him, if it is the same guy, is that he is part of group from the philipinnes that scams people. one guy hired a PI to track him down. the PI said he lived in del norte, ca and then later found out he didn't even have an address in california. the pics he sent me were of an orange datsun 1200. he had a bunch of pics and pics of the wheels which were 13 inch black watanbes.

i don't really know if its worth it to try and get my money back/find the guy. i guess i just learned my lesson the hard way.

I don't know if you thought of this but where you sent the gram, that store will have info, like maybe a drivers license or some sort of ID is required to pick up the money, which Western Union will have in their files. Just make sure you take info that YOU were the one that sent the money gram. GL

anyway, hope that help you.

i didn't get an address all he needed to get the money was the town and zip i never got his actual address. one guy said he had his address and tried to find him and the address he got didn't even exist. yeah i was thinking that someone had to go to the western union office and show ID to get he money. i know i have the reciept somewhere im gonna go to the office and see if it brings up any leads, if there is anyway they could tell me who showed ID etc. then i would have an address and then...

• Like 1

ok, we can all feel sorry or angry, but let's see if we can prevent another victim

seller "red flags":

no paypal

no address

low post count

all posts in same day

all posts within a few minutes of each other

nonsense or perv posts

google jemfrap brings up negative behavior

no paypal

ignore one or more of these red flags in your excitement to be the first person to get the deal, and suffer the consequences

• Like 3

ok, we can all feel sorry or angry, but let's see if we can prevent another victim

seller "red flags":

no paypal

no address

low post count

all posts in same day

all posts within a few minutes of each other

nonsense or perv posts

google jemfrap brings up negative behavior

no paypal

ignore one or more of these red flags in your excitement to be the first person to get the deal, and suffer the consequences

i totally agree learned my lesson the hard way. blinded by my lust for dope wheels on the ride i messed up.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/beware-scammer-alexander-voorhies-psa-mods-please-lock-thread-way-o-t-448725.html

If it's the same guy...

Alexander Voorhies aka -speedmister, and grantmaster

30300 Antelope Road Apt#611

Menifee, CA 92584

(951) 229 7306

His banking is with Wells Fargo in Menifee, CA.

Fit's the M.O. Can try to dig up more.

Original ad

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28005-fs-watanabe-wheels/page__p__413334__fromsearch__1#entry413334